S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Crazy Things You Have Done for Your S2000

Old 08-29-2002, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its stock color, but i put 5 more coats of clear on it, and the pic is a lil weird
Old 08-30-2002, 01:58 AM

I bought a Civic to save the miles on my S and the S goes and dies on me (battery). That's gratitude for you!
Old 08-30-2002, 10:04 AM

Three folks on my road did not want to pay to have the community road paved. So I made up the difference.........$1800 worth. When does the madness end?????
Old 08-30-2002, 10:27 AM

Originally posted by DraggnDropTop
its stock color, but i put 5 more coats of clear on it, and the pic is a lil weird
Looks like a real deep, dark red - love it!
Old 08-30-2002, 03:39 PM

I drive 30 miles north of me to put my S2K into the storage space I rent monthly just for it, whenever the weather is threatening.

After a recent road trip to New Hampshire, I removed and cleaned each wheel individually because I hate to spray water on the rotors.

And my friends think I'm obsessive/compulsive about this car, my stories don't even compare to some of the others I've seen here!
Old 08-30-2002, 05:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by FunInTheSun
[B]I only drive it on weekends, but I go out to the garage and sit in it a couple nights a week. My wife believes I'm odd.
Old 08-30-2002, 08:07 PM

Well my biggest extreme to date, was about two weeks ago. In in 2yrs, 4mos, and 7000 miles she has NEVER been driven on wet pavement, and has only seen non washing water two times. The second time, two weeks ago, I was at my physical therapist, as i ruptured a disk in my back (lumbar region). FWIW, the ruptured disk alone should have had me driving the Suburban, but with bi weekly cortizone injections, im A-OK in my s2k. Anyways, I am at physical therapy, and they have me in mechanical traction, when my therapists assistant comes in and asks for my keys, because it has begun to "sprinkle". I motion to the table where my keys were (in traction, youre pretty tied down) and try to explain how to remove the Boot.
As she stood there looking at me like a deer in headlights, I suggested she just yank me out of the traction, so i may take care of it myself. She explains that she cannot do that OR figure out how to put the top up. After i explained to her that i would gladly chew my way out of traction to protect my beloved S, she said she'd take care of it.
By the time i finished in traction (15 mins or so) the "sprinkling" had completely subsided. I rushed outside (oh the drama!) to see how many snaps she tore off the boot/cover to find the entire car covered first in a layer of blankets, then a layer of towels. Nice-n-dry.

Other than that, my wife was shocked the other day to come home to discover my new "detail kit". Which is comprised of a nice new oversized tool box, the gambit of Zaino products (z-1 through z-347 i believe), 303, numerous tire applications and applicators, a few different lambswool gloves, and enough microfiber towels to safely pack the contents of the Louvre for a cross country move. She asked "how much did you sink into this little package, O.C.D.-Boy". As I honestly stopped counting after the first couple o hundred bucks, i replied with a simple, "Wanna go shopping this weekend?" Divorce averted!

Ask any of the married s2k owners on this site, every $ you spend on your car has a 'hidden' cost. LOL

Oh, Irony? I was convinced that when i sold my '88 VW Scirocco 16v. that i had worked the fun little project car bug right out of my system. I bought THIS car for HER! Oh well...

cheers!!
Old 08-31-2002, 05:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I typically clean and wax my wheels when going to winter tires. But with this car, I won't be using winter tires (just leave in garage and drive something else.) Since there is no tire rotation either, I guess I'll be taking them off individually to clean as well!

But everytime I wash my wheels, I put my fingers in and clean the last inch or so of the inside. Also, I hook my finger around and get inside the spokes. So I get a lot of the wheel anyway.
Old 08-31-2002, 06:38 AM

I bought the car without knowing how to drive stick.
Old 08-31-2002, 07:02 AM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

This thread is the best -- endless entertainment! I thought I was over the top until this thread came along. Now I realize I haven't even come close to the rim!!!

Removing and vaselining the wheels...
Crawling out a doctor's office to put the top up...
Paying to get a road paved...
Dusting the car and wiping the exhaust tips at every parking...

I'm blown away! obsession! Too much, guys!

Quick Reply: Crazy Things You Have Done for Your S2000