S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Crazy Things You Have Done for Your S2000

Old 08-28-2002, 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to show my wife this thread, so that she knows this sickness that I have is infectious!!!
Old 08-28-2002, 10:41 AM

- I look at her lovingly when I leave her and when I return to her (even if I'm gone 2 minutes) ;

- I want to dress her up so that she looks really sophisticated, so I got a front lip splitter, Rick's wheel badges, and Team Voodoo shift knob (and I'm waiting for Rick's custom car mats);

- I clean her with Z-6 every time I get out of her;

- Her windows never can be dirty;

- She gets covered every night with a Weathershield car cover because she lives outside. I hope she sleeps well each night;

- I anticipate getting in her each morning and pushing her start button;

- I am considering becoming an atheist because we are having a severe drought and I cannot wash her at home;

- I hate driving in the rain because it gets her dirty;

- I love driving in the rain because I suffer from oversteering madness in large parking lots;

- I am driven to vtec in first gear in narrow city streets just to hear the engine whine off the buildings;

- Before my S, I got gas at the gas station. Now I HAVE TO get gas, check the oil, clean all outside surfaces, run my baby california duster through the interior, and wash the windows (all done much to the chagrin of waiting customers);

- And I signed up for performance driving school at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Raceway because my S told me to.

- Etc, etc., etc.

I have NEVER acted this way in all of my 54 years! I am going S crazy
And, NO, I don't want to be saved and need no therapy. Do you HEAR ME! Don't even try to help me
Old 08-28-2002, 11:22 AM

Let's see:
Test drove a used S2000 on a whim (we were going to go out on the boat for the weekend but the forecast was for rain). Had been planning to purchase a convertible and had been researching options (Boxster S, Mercedes SLK, etc) and NEVER make impulse purchases. However during the test drive fell completely in love with the S. 2 hours later drove home in brand new 2002 blk/blk.
Since then (just over 1 month):
4 coats wax
Rick's badges
Modifry's modifications (power outlet, garage door opener etc.)
Muz floor mats
Rick's console cover, shift boot, voodoo titanium knob (on order)
Speed Shine (Griotsgarage.com) and Dustop cover after EVERY drive
Rushing to my desk between patients and during lunch to log onto s2ki to learn all I can about my beloved car.
Wife getting jealous (calls car "the mistress" or "the bitch") She actually loves the car almost as much as I do.
Dreading the coming rain/winter even though I am an avid skier because my baby will not be driven on wet pavement.
Old 08-28-2002, 02:10 PM

Originally posted by wanabe

i can top your "sickness"... i have left work early to avoid rain!!!
-of course it doesnt rain here very much.
and i have also left work to avoid work! (and just to take a long drive home)
And there is something wrong with either of these activities?!?!?!?!?!?.

Hell, just last week I went into the office late (about 2 hours) because it was drizzling at my house .
Old 08-28-2002, 02:26 PM

i can refer people to this thread when they call me nuts ...
Old 08-28-2002, 03:12 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

I just showed this to my wife, and she thinks we're all crazy.

I can live with that!
Old 08-28-2002, 05:42 PM

I tuck my car in every night, I pull the car cover over it, turn off the lights, and turn on the night light, just in case the burglar man scares her and she blows her horn.
Old 08-28-2002, 07:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Chazmo
I just showed this to my wife, and she thinks we're all crazy.

I can live with that!

I was going to show it to my wife, then I thought she might find some of the things I have about her in other threads so I decided I had better not!!!!
Old 08-28-2002, 10:08 PM

Originally posted by Mark Esquibel
StormBringer.... Our bengal is the marble variety. She is very rambunctious, kinda like my the S2000. What type was/is yours? Also, isn't dax a Star Trek name? What are uber towels, where do you buy them? I'm considering that evian car washing thing that may be fun, just once of course.

Has anyone named their car? Mine is named SKY. Two reasons: 1. Suzuka blue like the sky 2. When the top is down, I'm under the blue sky.
Well ours was a spotted underbelly and striped back bengal, yes Dax was a star trek name and its easier to explain then the Kersan reference. Ours was wild and I mean wild when we took him outdoors inside he would really just come up to you and collapse on your lap, at about 9 months or so I would say he was a good 14 pounds, apparently they get as big as 22 pounds but I never have seen one that big.

As for the uber towels, I found these mircofiber towels, the cloth strands are 100 times thinner then a human hair and they never scratch anything. I use mittens made of the same material to wash the car. And other mittens to wax it, I just wish I had found them earliar, I had to do a huge clay bar strip with a swirl remover to get the car back into good shape about four months ago.

And my S's name is wonda. I.E. My white-honda.
My friends is ronda it go's on and on, I think wonda is a good car name.
Old 08-29-2002, 06:00 AM

Originally posted by DraggnDropTop
I tuck my car in every night, I pull the car cover over it, turn off the lights, and turn on the night light, just in case the burglar man scares her and she blows her horn.
That's a really nice S draggn - is that red not stock or is it just a good photo?

Quick Reply: Crazy Things You Have Done for Your S2000