S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Crashed my MY00 S2000, Another one bites the dust :(

Old 12-29-2011, 09:26 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Compared to the Jag, your S doesn't look too bad. But since it's an '00 and your airbags deployed I'd assume it's totaled. Glad you're okay though!

Time to start looking for a new S then?
Old 12-29-2011, 10:31 AM
Community Organizer
Community OrganizerMember (Premium)

Received 215 Likes on 170 Posts

The air bags alone cost $1300.00 a piece. My son wreck is 97 civic and the both airbag deployed. Drove the car home no structural damage to the car, tracked straight as an arrow. Got the estimate to fix the car price was $5400.00. The insurance compamy total it and we recieved a check for $4500.00. I was told that the airbags on older cars usually cause them to total older cars. Sorry for you and your car, some people just don't think when they are behind the wheel. Look up the value of your car and fight for every freakin penny. Also remove any aftermarket parts that are on the car. Hope everything goes well for you. Look at getting the fastest color also Berlina Black.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:32 AM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Damn dude! Glad you're ok! +1 for another S!
Old 12-29-2011, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 305AP1
I just hope the insurance company doesn't try to play me with a low ball offer. My car was extremely clean aside from The suzuka bumper. The drivers side front wheel sits straight but the passenger side has a large amoun of negative toe.. probably broke everything on that side including my coil over. I'm happy I'm alive too I'm defenitly feeling it though. My legs are sore and my arms have minor bruising . As long as the outcome is income I'm happy. Nsx?...

Yeah, good luck with that. When I rolled my Disco, I had roughly 20K with of off-road gear/equipment on it, and the insurance company told me to eat a D!@#. The messed up part was, since this happened in Georgia, and the other driver was at fault, the police called it a 'No-Fault' accident since no one saw the accident! The truck was clean, and they gave me blue book, but nothing more. If I were you, I would make sure that you pull ALL of your aftermarket parts off prior to the adjuster coming out.

Mike
Old 12-29-2011, 01:55 PM
Site Moderator
Super Moderator

Received 355 Likes on 308 Posts

Yeah definately start looking for similar cars in the area and be familiar with what they are selling for. Look on ebay motors at closed listing also since this can tell you what cars sold for in your area. Obviously look at what the blue book is on one.

I would say that since the air bags deployed it is totaled. You have a few options there and one of them is retaining salavage on the car so you can part it out or buy another s and use parts from the old one and then junk the rest. This can be a pain but sometimes worth it in the end.

Finally it may not hurt to have a lawyer just in case. This is something of a last step if her insurance is not working with you but it doesn't hurt. Ask friends and family if there is someone trusted you can call if needed.

Good luck man as others said at least you are safe. Sucks about the car but you can always buy another one and get the truely best color NFR
Old 12-29-2011, 02:01 PM

Idk wtf i would do if this happened. Probably cry.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:08 PM

you should get an estimate and then find out what book value is. Talk to their insurance adjuster. State that your back and neck are a bit stiff and you might see a doctor. Ask them what they think a fair offer is for your car. Usually that helps.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:10 PM

if they give you a low ball offer then mention again my back and neck are still a bit sore.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:56 PM

Sorry for your loss dude! I don't understand how idiots get their licenses now a days...
Old 12-30-2011, 12:38 AM

Sorry for your loss. Hope everything turns out okay.

Quick Reply: Crashed my MY00 S2000, Another one bites the dust :(