S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Crashed my MY00 S2000, Another one bites the dust :(

Old 12-29-2011, 06:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Crashed my MY00 S2000, Another one bites the dust :(

Hey guys as you already know my car is crashed, I just can't believe that MY car was taken away from me in a split. long story short the owner of the Jag tried to make a left hand turn from the middle lane, and I was traveling at 45mph in the left lane. She realized she wasnt going to make the turn so she stopped in the left lane to reverse the car to avoid hitting the curb, this all happend so fast guys I had no way to avoid it.. Anyways it caused me to T-bone her, she had'nt even owned her car for 4 hours yet. it was a new environment for her so she was driving extra causious, but you have to have little to no brain to make a left turn from the middle lane on US-1. I guess thats Miami,FL for you.. the question is what car do i get now? I really want another s2000 since I feel like my build wasnt done yet and I had so much money and time in the car, I do all my own work so I was attached to my00. the car had an appointment with the body shop next week to get a full paint job and now I think its an total loss I know there is more damage to the car then what meets the eye..

Old 12-29-2011, 07:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry about the car man. I know that feeling all to well. . . Who the F@#$ reverses the wrong direction into oncoming traffic? I hope they strip that dumb bi%$# of her drivers license.

Mike
Old 12-29-2011, 07:12 AM

that s2k looks repairable i hope it all works out
Old 12-29-2011, 07:51 AM

Hey, at least we know that after 11 years...the airbags still work!

JK, sorry to hear man. I would be completely destroyed if something like that happened to my S. As a fellow S owner and as a motorcycle rider, I hate stupid drivers. Good luck with insurance and I hope it all works out for ya.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:00 AM

At least you left the scene unhurt and alive!
Old 12-29-2011, 08:20 AM

I just hope the insurance company doesn't try to play me with a low ball offer. My car was extremely clean aside from The suzuka bumper. The drivers side front wheel sits straight but the passenger side has a large amount of negative toe.. probably broke everything on that side including my coil over. I'm happy I'm alive too I'm defenitly feeling it though. My legs are sore and my arms have minor bruising . As long as the outcome is income I'm happy. Nsx?...
Old 12-29-2011, 08:31 AM

Pray that women has insurance! If she didnt change her policy when she bought the car , it could mean some trouble!

On a side note... I'm going to be putting up a Silver 08' CPO w/ 43k miles for about 20k. Steal of a deal. lol. No accidents!
Old 12-29-2011, 08:43 AM

I'm pretty sure she's covered. When you buy a new car even of you don't notify your insuance carrier you are covered up to 30 days . If you fail to notify them after 30 days then you are no longer covered. I still need to go to the hospital to get checked out the last thing I wanted to do was sit in the ER for hours last night. I had just got off of work when this happen i wanted to kill that lady . I made sure she was okay and then I never spoke to her again I was too mad..
Old 12-29-2011, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by getmadboy
Hey, at least we know that after 11 years...the airbags still work!

JK, sorry to hear man. I would be completely destroyed if something like that happened to my S. As a fellow S owner and as a motorcycle rider, I hate stupid drivers. Good luck with insurance and I hope it all works out for ya.
I was actually surprised they deployed Honda ftw .. lol
Old 12-29-2011, 09:17 AM

Sry to hear of your loss ...u can buy another S ..not another you ..life goes on

Quick Reply: Crashed my MY00 S2000, Another one bites the dust :(