S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Crafty

Old 08-15-2001, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crafty

Please no one take this the wrong way, I mean it as a compliment. I do not own a S2k but, I'm looking a buying in 02'. This board is really great and has alot of good information. I was just wondering why are you guys so crafty? I mean I feel like I'm at VBS from church, you guys make everything from, owners manual covers to intakes. I think it is really great that there is that much support for the car and I am amazed some of the quality pieces being produce. I was wondering what some of you do for a living?

PS: I am not calling you a bunch of women.
Old 08-15-2001, 12:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not certain, but I think most of we members who develop accessories and performance products are not making a living by doing that. We're just owners who love the car and are sharing with other owners the ideas that we develop first to improve our own cars. And most of us make our real livings another way. I know that's true of me (I'm a marketing consultant to higher education) and James Mullins (an oboist in the the West Point-based professional Army band), Mingster (a graduate business student) and Tim, Ben of Bulletproof, Brad Wight, Mark Digrappa (a college student), Urmil Patel (an IT professional), Dave McCune (owns a metal works business), and many others. Nobody could feed a family off of this business, and the best you can usually do is help pay for the things you want to put on your own car.

This is one of the most real and supportive communities I've ever experienced. I don't know what explains it because, after all, it's centered around a car. It's just a great and diverse mix of people. The fact that the car is a Honda helps keep out the phonies, posers, and status-seekers, who normally don't have much to contribute. Fortunately, they wouldn't find much comfort around here anyway.
Old 08-15-2001, 12:14 PM

I think as a whole, we have a great number of very proficient 'techies' here on the board. Many of us are in the IT industry, so many of us have alot of time on our hands which equates to the success of this forum. This is definitely one of the best forums I have ever participated in. There is also a fairly diverse crowd here so pretty much anything you want to know... all you have to do is ask. Anything from tuning questions to legal advice, you can pretty much find here. Great group of people and as I'm sure you already deduced, those who maintain this forum are top notch and do a wonderful job.
Old 08-15-2001, 12:43 PM

That is exactly what I'm talking about, this is the best list that I have ever seen. No one flames anyone and people try to help as much as possible. I LOVE YOU, YOU KNOW j/k I just think it is awesome that so many people engineer things on this list.
Old 08-15-2001, 12:50 PM

No one flames anyone? Thanks for all the great comments about this board and its people... but keep looking.
Old 08-15-2001, 01:03 PM

I have been on this board since Nov. of 99 back when it was honda-acura.net and then h-a.net and then hack here a hack there and everywhere hack! hack! I still kept coming back because of the true wealth of information offered on this board. Course it helps that I work for an ISP and I get paid to be on the net
Old 08-15-2001, 01:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, the flames do burn brightly now and then , but the one thing that sets this board apart is that swift and certain intervention occurs from cthree when it gets out of hand, and many members try to uphold some measure of civility. Some people have been banned, if you're not aware, for stepping out of line too often.
Old 08-15-2001, 01:35 PM

Rick are the guy who makes all the leather accessories? Like the headrest inserts and shift boot?
Old 08-15-2001, 01:55 PM
Former Sponsor

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ticketflipper
[B]Rick are the guy who makes all the leather accessories?
Old 08-15-2001, 01:59 PM

I think you make very nice stuff, I've seen some of it in Mack's S2k. Looks like professional made stuff.

Quick Reply: Crafty