S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Cost to replace and respray fender

Old 11-15-2003, 03:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cost to replace and respray fender

Hello,
I have a shallow dent in my fender that I noticed yesterday. It is over the wheel on the top and looks kind of like a handprint. Anyway, the fender was dinged before and repainted unfortunately, so this time around, I would just like to get a new fender. Has anyone had this done so I can get an idea of cost? I will probably try to get a used, matching fender first and go for a new one from Hardtopguy if that doesn't work out. I just don't know if body shops would be too happy if I bring my own parts. Thanks for any help or advice,
Bob
Old 11-15-2003, 07:23 AM

You don't need to replace the fender. That's kind of overdoing it unless the fender is beyond repair. Any body shop can fix that and make it look new.
Old 11-15-2003, 07:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Honda MSRP for the fender is $326.10 (unpainted).
Old 11-15-2003, 08:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I picked up a deep rock dent on the passenger's side fender. It was right on the top of the lip, about the size of a golf ball. It cost right at $300 for the repair and about $50 for the rental car. They removed the fender for the repair and did an excellent job. It took two days.

No need to replace the fender, that will double the cost.
Old 11-15-2003, 02:02 PM

Well, it has already been repaired before and because of the location and , I think they had to use bondo. On top of that, they blended the paint and it looks kind of strange compared to the rest of the car. The color and shade match, it is the metallic that seems a little off. Like it was applied too thick or something. So I am thinking at this point, why not start over and get a new fender. I am talking to some body shops next week and I will see what they have to say. Maybe a new fender is too much. Thanks for the help and advice guys.