S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Convertible top/Driver Window Glitch...any recalls?

Old 08-29-2002, 04:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The true interpretation is the regulators suck...there is no corrosion...but it sounds good to customers...we need a different supplier...it can't corrode that fast(9 months and 10k...no way!) let's close our eyes and maybe it'll go away!
Old 08-29-2002, 05:49 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by EMarkDDS
[B]

I tried it and the window has been working fine since then.
Old 08-29-2002, 06:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's only a couple months until it malfunctions, I can testify to this for two of my recent Hondaa.
Old 08-29-2002, 07:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by eclipsevdr
Honda claims that this problem is caused by a loss of ground due to corrosion in the window motor regulator. The TSB calls for a new regulator to be installed under warranty. Appoximate time is 1 hour.
Mine quit working at 1500 miles/5 weeks old. If corrosion is the cuplrit, it works VERY quickly. I believe corrosion is BS, because mine would work when it was above 90 degrees outside, but wouldn't work when it was cooler.

It doesn't make any difference, because I had it replaced last week and it's working OK, now.
Old 08-29-2002, 07:33 PM

I know there are some ppl who won't agree with me but here it goes :

To say that the lowliest honda technician could do the regulator in his sleep is perhaps giving them too much credit. Remember these are the same "technicians" who can't replace spark plugs without "scratching" the bumbers of our cars and driving our cars around for 10 miles w/o a valid explaination. Pleases see previous tsb threads for example.

As i have been told by honda service reps, to get the regulator replaced, i would have to drop off the car for the whole day. My thinking is this.. i could take 5 secs everytime i drop the top to roll down the windows, or i could leave my car for the whole day and risk something happenining to it, and also risk having the regulator go bad again and be back at square one. Hmm... i vote 5 secs each time.

Randy,
I understand your need for Honda to know that there is a problem with the window regulator. By issuing the TSB honda is aware of it. But becuase it is not a safety issue, i highly doubt that there will ever be a recall on this issue no matter how many of us bring it in. I personally would rather just drop my windows then risk having something happen to my car while the dealership has it the whole day. My .02
Old 08-30-2002, 08:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In my industry, if something fails, you HAVE to do a corrective action.

If you keep sending parts out the door that will fail for a known problem, you are considered SCUM and your company will go under quickly.

I'm sorry, but I have grown used to expecting parts, that replace failed components, to have the FIX INCLUDED.

Listen up Honda, if you can't perform as a responsible company, we might as well start driving other makes.
Old 08-30-2002, 09:34 AM

I think it's water related. The last time it happend was after I was driving around in the rain and that was a few months ago(dry summer). It rained pretty hard yesterday and I had to drive to work. As I pulled into the pay garage to get the ticket, I hit the down button and the window problem came back.
Old 08-30-2002, 09:38 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Apexi98
[B]Randy,
Old 02-27-2003, 06:13 AM

mine is going in for it's 4th unit.

here's the chronology:
original went at 8K
1st replacement and 16K
2nd replacement is dead at 25K

hmmmmm
anyone see a pattern here?

-V
Old 02-27-2003, 06:26 AM

INSTALL AN 02 WINDOW REGUALTOR/HONDA HAS A BULETIN FOR IT.

Quick Reply: Convertible top/Driver Window Glitch...any recalls?