S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Considering S2k Trade for Element

Old 03-31-2004, 07:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considering S2k Trade for Element

I am preparing myself to get ripped but, I am considering trading my 02 suzuka s2k with 19k miles for a new honda element. I moved from CA to FL one year ago and put 3500 miles on my car in 3 days. I swore I would never do that to my S again. Soon, I will be moving again and on top of that I am recently engaged. I am going to need a car with more space at some point and figure I should do it now while my car still has good value.

About the element: Don't knock it too hard until you go see it. I had to be dragged to the dealership but to my amazement the vehicle is quite impressive.

FIRE AWAY.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:08 AM

<quote>put 3500 miles on my car in 3 days. I swore I would never do that to my S again.</quote>

Why? It is just a car. Maybe its me, but I would rather puts 150,000 miles on my S than trade it in for a bigger car just because of putting miles on it. I bought the car to drive.

Now if the real reason is like you stated that you need more room, then I understand. If the element suits you, then I say go for it.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:18 AM

Need more space for what? How many people are you engaged to!?!?! Last time I checked there were 2 seats in the S2K...sounds like that should be enough. I guess your fiance doesn't own a car? But, whatever floats your boat.

BTW, my wife and I have an S2K(mine) and RSX(hers)...there's plenty of room for whatever we need.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:23 AM

interested in a 2000 audi a6 2.7t 6spd?
email me. im in glendale looking for a s2k. detail on cars for sale forum
Old 03-31-2004, 08:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just recently sold my S and bought a Scion XB. I was considering the Element, but after seeing the Scion, I was sold on it (cheaper too). Something to think about....
Old 03-31-2004, 09:13 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rayfinkle5
I am preparing myself to get ripped but, I am considering trading my 02 suzuka s2k with 19k miles for a new honda element.
Old 03-31-2004, 09:51 AM

You have to do what you need to do. I've looked at the Honda Element before and I think it is a really neat vehicle. Best of luck to you.
Old 03-31-2004, 10:11 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Axel6
Old 03-31-2004, 10:55 AM
R11

I agree, the Element would make a nice utility vehicle for most people and all the reports I've read about it say that it's a surprisingly good driver with a relatively high fun factor. When they first announced they were going to produce it I thought I might want one, but as it turned out it's actually too small for my needs as well. I own an AWD Dodge Caravan (short wheelbase version) that I use for every thing that I don't use the S for . The middle seat has been sitting in my garage since I first bought it and I remove/replace the rear seat as needed. I use it for driving up to the mountains for snowboarding (lots of room for changing in the back), hauling a little trailer when I have yard debris to dump or anything really big to move, or whenever I need to drive with more than one other person along. It also makes a great hardshell tent as I've slept in the back countless times at trailheads at the beginning/end of backpacking trips or short trips to the beach etc. I too would have a hard time trading an S for one as well. But on the other hand, owning the utility minivan allows me the luxury of owning a non-practical two seat roadster. They make perfect companion vehicles for me.

ron
Old 03-31-2004, 11:07 AM

If you had to be "dragged to the dealership," you definitely aren't ready to trade in your S. By what you also said, you don't have any need for more space at this point in time either. In the future, maybe, but you might as well continue to enjoy your S while you can.

Quick Reply: Considering S2k Trade for Element