S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Comptech Supercharger Owners: PLEASE READ

Old 05-14-2001, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Silver,
Any pictures of the damage? I checked mine out, didn't notice anything but am concerned I might not be looking in the right place.

Wesmaster
Old 05-14-2001, 07:42 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey SS if you want some free fractional metallalography done send me a PM. This will tell you if it was a pre-existing weld or bend flaw of a cyclic stress failure.

P.S. It's nice to have friends...especially if they know the folks that own Halama Ranch.
Old 05-14-2001, 07:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wesmaster
[B]Silver,
Old 05-15-2001, 07:49 PM

Update for you all, Shad replaced both of my brackets and front plate. We went back to the check valve version 3.10 for the next few weeks. The reason for that is to reduce all variables, I was previously using the Ghostbooster. So far so good (no hesitations).

We still do not know why dave and my brackets broke.
Old 06-14-2002, 10:09 AM

my front bracket broke ?monday (last time i drove). noticed it this AM upon inspecting for crack. its on the drivers right.

i will test drive tomorrow, i'm still planning to drive it to and at thunderhill this wednesday......any thoughts???
Old 06-14-2002, 10:31 AM

Boy, it really sounds as if there are a lot of harmonics going on in the supercharger system that Comptech hasn't figured out yet. I do a lot of vibrational analysis in my job, and it is amazing what harmonics can do, even 3rd order or higher. They can destroy some pretty strong components in a matter of minutes.

Hopefully, Comptech will get to the bottom of these problems.
Old 06-14-2002, 10:57 AM

yet another ancient, long dead post mysteriously rises from the ashes...
Old 06-14-2002, 11:19 AM

I thought this thread was totally DEAD...well since it is been resurrected I will throw my .02 in.

First off, after a year of testing many different setups without success Comptech finally made a decision to soften up the mount setup by incorporating rubber isolated mounting points. As of today there are 3 cars with this setup and I will say it is VERY NICE. The vibrations are virtually non-existent, I still do feel a slight vibration between 4.5-5K. But compared to everything I have tried this is by far the best setup I have tested. Therefore, the harmonic issue should be eliminated. (crossing fingers)

my front bracket broke ?monday (last time i drove). noticed it this AM upon inspecting for crack. its on the drivers right.

i will test drive tomorrow, i'm still planning to drive it to and at thunderhill this wednesday......any thoughts???

When you say drivers right I am assuming it is on the passenger side of the motor which would mean the VTEC bracket. As long as you are not leaking oil you should be fine. You may want to give Comptech a call. They are kind of on the way to Thunderhill so you might be able to get something before the event.

BTW, i just re-read your post and is the front plate cracked?? If so you should not have any problems driving it like that for a little while. Both dave and I have driven on the track with cracked front plates. Just keep an eye on it .

I have driven many hundreds of miles with cracked brackets and have done track days that way as well.

txst-We believe this lastest revision will be the final product. .
Old 06-14-2002, 12:00 PM

this will be a no cost "product update"?
Old 06-14-2002, 12:14 PM

Originally posted by rocketman
this will be a no cost "product update"?
I do not know what Comptech's position is on this. You should probably call Shad or Bob and find out directly.

Quick Reply: Comptech Supercharger Owners: PLEASE READ