S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Comptech S/C dyno chart

Old 12-09-2000, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jim, sounds impressive.... it's numbers like that that really catch my eye. If you take your car out on the track and or have a favorite set of twisties, I would like to hear what affects this additional HP has on the car... if it remains a bullet in the turns or if you have to baby that extra power on.

Plan to Gtech your car for some 0-60, 1/4mile times?
Old 12-09-2000, 03:55 PM
Sev

I slapped some numbers into cartest and this is what it spit out for us, remember these are numbers for an excellent driver, not everybody will replicate these. Notice also that the numbers on the stock model resemble my Gtech recorded times so cartest is VERY PRECISE ... And for those of you who don't know, both Cartest and Gtech measure your Trap speed at the exact 1/4 mile point while at the dragstrip it is an avrerage of the last 30ft. SO deduct about 3 MPH to get an approximate drag strip trap speed.

Stock s2k:
[br]

[br]

SCd S2k
[br]

[br]

Remember, these are all based on the numbers i got in this post.

Another thing, i don't want to sound to pessimistic but i doubt the stock clutch, tranny and especially diferrential will handle all that torque so, launching aggressively might not be an option. Even if launched, at 4000-4500 RPM though, you will still get a 13.0 so not too shabby to say the least

Later DUDES!
Old 12-09-2000, 03:57 PM

I don't plan to or own a Gtech nor do I claim to be a fantastic driver. I have some race car driver friends whom I may ask to get some 0-60 times as well as 1/4 mile times. I'll post updates as I try out the car.
Old 12-09-2000, 03:58 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

These are interesting numbers but the charts are not accurate representations of the power curve (at least for stock). Actual dyno charts would be more telling.

Would be nice to get back to back road evaluations. The power on the top end has got to be impressive but is the drag on the low end noticeable? How does the car feel in city driving? Does the power come on more or less gradually than stock?

Old 12-10-2000, 09:20 AM
Sev

From what the charts indicate, low end drag seems not to be a major issue.

Old 12-10-2000, 11:27 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by Sev:
From what the charts indicate, low end drag seems not to be a major issue.
The charts do not accurately depict the stock power curve so I will assume the rest of it is just as accurate.

There was one comment regarding low end power. I do drive the car more under 6000 than over so at least to me it is quite important.

Originally posted by 2x6spds:
Up to 4200 rpms, stock has the advantage of a couple of HPs (5HP stock advantage max at 3600 rpms)
Old 12-10-2000, 11:33 AM
Sev

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cdelena:
[B]
Old 12-10-2000, 12:06 PM

I haven't noticed any low end drag with the supercharger. The hp curves that I got were identical from 2500rpm up to 3500 where they start to diverge with the supercharger climbing much faster than the stock car. Similar findings with the torque curves as well.
Old 12-10-2000, 02:11 PM

Jim, I'd like to hear about fit and finish as well. Did you install it yourself or have a shop do it? how much time did it take and were there any modifications done to make it fit (i.e. drilling, cutting, etc).

Seriously considering the SC!

Also, have you had any other work done on your car? Exhaust? headers?
Old 12-10-2000, 03:07 PM

The fit and finish are excellent. There is a little clearance problem with the airbox and the hood which Comptech is correcting. The entire supercharger is polished as is most of the intake tubing. The lid of the airbox is carbon fiber. The installation was done by a friend Mark Basch of Basch Acura service. He also did the supercharger on my NSX. In my and many others opinion the best Acura/Honda mechanic in the US. I would only recommend installation by someone qualified. The installation is bolt on but some experience is essential. Also changing the fuel pump is a bitch.

Quick Reply: Comptech S/C dyno chart