S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Comments from Tim and MG Racing....

Old 06-29-2002, 07:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Prolene
[B]I am not really sure a face to face meeting would ensure prompt repayment.
Old 06-29-2002, 08:05 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mav
[B]spyderfish, you should pursue this in a court of law.
Old 06-29-2002, 08:11 AM

Originally posted by Purge

Go talk to him face to face and ask, no demand CASH or a CASHIER'S CHECK...

If he does not hand over what is rightfully his, then with all of the evidence Spyderfish has, he should then go to a local attorney and pursue him legally...I just feel that he is wasting too much time with trying to call him on the phone and emailing him...Plus, the longer this drags out, the harder it is going to be for him to collect his money...
How is a face to face meeting demanding the money place more incentive on someone to fork over the cash? Fear of.... what?

The "wasting time" I believe was in giving Tim the benefit of a doubt, that a nice guy would come to some sort of agreement beyond another check in the mail. Then the thread came up again in hopes the bad publicity would further encourage settlement.

I just don't see how a face to face meeting would place any more sense of doing what is right than what has already been done. We each have our opinions; I respect yours and am stating what I think.

"Plus, the longer this drags out, the harder it is going to be for him to collect his money... " Unfortunately, that is how those owing the money might think, or this just shows that in cases where the settlement is not willing to be forthcoming, the longer things DO drag out.
Old 06-29-2002, 08:20 AM

Originally posted by Prolene
How is a face to face meeting demanding the money place more incentive on someone to fork over the cash? Fear of.... what?

I have already said this numerous times before...Going face to face with him is not meant to strike fear into him or anything...It is simply meant to show how serious he is about collecting the money that is rightfully due to him...But, if he is not willing to do that, then so be it...
Old 06-29-2002, 08:39 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mav
[B]spyderfish, you should pursue this in a court of law.
Old 06-29-2002, 11:25 AM

Wow, what a mess.
I like Bieg's idea. Here, here for clear thinking.
Old 06-29-2002, 12:00 PM

Spyderfish - if you feel you have a pretty good paper trail proving your claim with Tim, you can always sell this debt to a factor. Usually, they'll give you 70%+ of the note value, depending on how likely they think it is that they'll be able to collect fully. You get some cash out of the deal and can move on with your life, which would probably be emotionally healthy. And if you think you've been putting pressure on MG with these forum notes, calls, etc. - it's nothing compared to what a factor's collectors will do. Those guys are paid to be wicked creative. Just my $0.02.
Old 06-29-2002, 12:20 PM

No need to talk face to face. If you are going to travel that far might as well take him to court.
Old 06-29-2002, 02:39 PM

On one hand, I think it was good that this was brought to our attention. We learn a great deal from it. But on the other hand, I do not think ANYONE here except the people involved need to be involved, AT ALL. It is not our deal, they need to work things out.

We all know the situation. Now for all the people not involved it would be best to just let it be, and let the people who ARE involved be adults and work things out.

This is of course my opinion, but I stand by it strongly.
Old 06-29-2002, 03:31 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bieg
[B]
What I envisioned was a Member who has a complaint about a sponsor PMs one of the moderators who then posts said complaint in the "Better Buisness" section.

Quick Reply: Comments from Tim and MG Racing....