S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Comments from Tim and MG Racing....

Old 06-28-2002, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great Suggestion Bieg! ...did I say that?

While i am not sure if such a section would be added work for C3 and Krazik, it could help reduce the incited online "riots" that occur when such an issue arises.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JoeCritter
[B]There is a problem with Bieg's idea:

Sponsors pay for advertising.
Old 06-28-2002, 04:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Bieg
My intent was not to have it as a conventional thread with public access but more like a "read only" section to view active vendor/member issues in dispute.
bieg,

the "read only" part may not be fair as i try to envision your thread scenario in my mind:

disgruntled member posts/starts a thread as follows:

"ABC company ripped me off!!!

"here's how............................"

whether the purported complaint is justified or not, it will be posted as "read only" with no rebuttal opportunity by the vendor?? is that how it works?

or is the thread made "open" to the vendor in question for rebuttal? (which is the scenario that i was thinking of - making it "read only" for ALL others)

without the opportunity for an "open" rebuttal, it would be deadly for vendors - especially since what is acceptable "bad service" for one is not the same for another.......a product shipment could be an HOUR late and someone would complain, yet someone else would tolerate something that is 3 DAYS late!

but regardless, maybe everyone's on to something here.........
Old 06-28-2002, 04:29 PM

From a Board marketing perspective, I think we'd have to say that the sponsor ratings are a terrible idea. Maybe we should just be satisfied with what we've got. Spyderfish's next to last resort was the court of public opinion and it seems to have worked. We know when and where to be more cautious with our dollars. That's a good system.
Old 06-28-2002, 08:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

am i the only one that thinks this entire ordeal has gone on too long, and in my opinion, kind of childish? No one person is to blame, but look at the outcome.

I met Tim and i think he is a great person. Sucks about what is happening in his personal life, but it is just that, his personal life. In an ideal world, it shouldn't have anything to do with his business. But we are all human. If life at home sucks, we go to work with a bad attitude, low self esteem, and just a bad attitude.

I would hate to see MG RACING drop out. I understand why he is doing it, but i would love to see him back. MG RACING/TIM is a very important part of this group.

I am not saying that Tim did nothing wrong, and that spyderfish should just go away. He did a valuable service by informing us of what happened to him with a sponsor. Lets all learn from that and try to make sure it doesn't happen again....
Old 06-28-2002, 09:24 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dkhl
[B]am i the only one that thinks this entire ordeal has gone on too long, and in my opinion, kind of childish?
Old 06-28-2002, 09:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think it is the personal feelings cloud the issue.

If you took over a business, that pretty much has a really low margin already, and all of a sudden, someone tells you that they want a refund on a turbo they tried to install that they purchased from the previous owner, i think you would be hard pressed in returning the product. I swear every company i have ordered items thru, they tell you that any special order items are non refundable. Spyderfish should have realized that before trying to install a turbo that was written in Japanese in the first place. If he couldn't get Tim to send him a translated version, return it, but don't install it.

We don't know what is the story behind the bounce checks. So far, people have said to post the checks to prove that they were really written. Untill we see proof, lets not jump to conclusions.
Old 06-28-2002, 10:03 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dkhl
[B]If you took over a business, that pretty much has a really low margin already, and all of a sudden, someone tells you that they want a refund on a turbo they tried to install that they purchased from the previous owner, i think you would be hard pressed in returning the product.
Old 06-29-2002, 04:45 AM

uuuuuuuuuggggggghhhhhh.........aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwww .....i am trying to stop myself but my hands keep reaching for the keys...how can i read this stuff and not respond? thanks tang....he is unfortunately clouding the issue or he hasn't read the one deleted or one closed thread. LET ME REPEAT ONE MORE TIME FOR THE ONE PERSON WHO DOES NOT UNDERSTAND. TIM HAD NO INVESTMENT IN MY TURBO. HE KNEW THE SITUATION BEFORE AND AFTER HE SOLD IT. I DO NOT CARE WHAT HE IS TELLING YOU OR ANYONE ELSE. HE KNEW IT WAS MY TURBO. I TALKED TO HIM ON THE PHONE AND THERE WAS A NOTE FROM ME INSIDE THE RETURNED BOX. HE SOLD MY TURBO KNOWINGLY AND NEVER TOLD ME AND KEPT THE MONEY. HE COULD HAVE JUST SENT MY TURBO BACK. i would have paid for shipping. and to the person who says there must be something wrong with me if i do not personally take a trip to atlanta to get my money. what statement is that??? tim owns or owned a business. he did something wrong and should own up. why is it my responsibility to go to atlanta and try to collect on something that i have had no luck on collecting thus far. oh yeah..at the risk of this thread totally deteriorating i would still like to know even if the rest of you believe his personal finaces are somehow different than his business finances if tim truly did just buy a lexus. sorry cthree. one more thing...i only know TIM from the phone. i found him to be very likable the first couple times that i talked to him albeit a little evasive or the kind of converstaions where you sense the person is thinking about what he needs to say rather than just off the top of his head ( just my perspective ), he even noticed my real name and asked if i was asian, tim stated he was korean. however tim may be nice but it is no excuse for what he did nor what he has done after the fact. i know many of you are going to take this wrong but there are a lot of people that people love and they do bad things. it's always the nice quiet neghbor who has ------ buried under his porch. you fill in the blanks. there are always 2 sides to a story. trouble is tim knows my side is completely factual and he admitted it to me SEVERAL TIMES ON THE PHONE AND SENT ME CHECKS THAT BOUNCE TO COVER HIS DEED. about the checks as one of you know that i pm'd i did not want to post the checks for possible problems. i do not really know if i am allowed to post someones business checks on the internet with there info etc. can someone elaborate. although i think most of you believe me anyway even without the checks posted. sorry mods but how can i just sit here and listen how nice a guy tim is. i thought that way too but how nice can he be if he was thinking of buying an nsx or just bot a lexus? i know the mods say it has nothing to do with it but i don't see how it doesn't. o.k.....lock 'er up! =)
Old 06-29-2002, 05:02 AM

btw....in this time of political correctness i am a little tired of people calling this a misunderstanding. who are the parties that did not understand what they were doing when they did it. am i the party that somehow misunderstands what tim did. was tim misunderstanding what he was doing when he sold something that did not belong to him which he had no investment in? was tim misunderstanding when he just kept and spent my money? to say this is a misunderstanding is really insulting me as is there is something that i am missing in the equation. i am not misunderstanding anything. ok i might as well tell you all this too. for those of you who supported me you may be happy i am telling you this, to those of you who do not appreciate my 2 posts you may not like this. the last time I CALLED tim he told me that he is considering just folding? or dumping? m.g. racing. i hope you all get your orders. and if you guys did order recently why isn't some of that money coming my way?
Old 06-29-2002, 05:55 AM

it's not a MISUNDERSTANDING it's a FRAUD, if we remember that they don't refund the turbo in the first place perheps it could be a misunderstanding when he took it back but when someone make a NSF check it turn to be a FRAUD and there are laws for this kind of action, but we both know that a laywer is expensive and I think that Tim knows it to.

i.e: When i make a check to someone i know i have enough money in my account, being in business for 9 years i doublecheck when i write a check, in 9 years i never made a NSF check. if i would make one i would not make the same mistake three times.

Now please stop calling this a MISUNDERSTANDING it's a commercial FRAUD, and the victim turn to be a consumer, i'm a member of this board knowing that a sponsor of this site has made this. what do you think i will think of the administrator of this site, think..... there must be action made by the administrator of this site to protect is member stop thinking of Tim personnal problems, spiderfish must have more problem then Tim, since he is short of 3500$ which is a lot of money.

S2K-REPENTIGNY

Quick Reply: Comments from Tim and MG Racing....