S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Comments from Tim and MG Racing....

Old 06-27-2002, 01:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Comments from Tim and MG Racing....

The current status of MG Racing:
Over the next several weeks, Tim Hamm will be fulfilling current orders through MG Racing, repaying Rick/spyderfish, and removing MG Racing as a sponsor of this site.

Tim will not respond to this thread, and asked me if I could post this for him, because it will only result in unnecessary and unconstructive personal ridicule.

Handling the current issue:
Semantics of words and phrases, comments on Tim's personal life and personal finances outside MG Racing shall not be commented on or responded to. What is important here is that what is being done now is being done because its the right thing to do. Nothing was done deceptive before, and unfortunately, there was a misunderstanding that has taken over a year to patch up when the ownership of MG Racing traded hands. Unfortunately, Rick/spyderfish was the victim of this misunderstanding, and Tim and myself have since lost contact with Giampiero. The funds were not used for anything other than development of MG Racing as a company, and as you may or may not know already, Tim has other employment that takes care of his bills and any automobiles he owns.

The Roots-Supercharger:
Was this a myth? No, it wasn't. Its very real. It can be bought for right-hand drives, and this was a similar, yet modified kit to fit left-hand drives. It was promised to deliver better low and mid range torque increases. However, as the story is told by Giampiero, two of the inbound supercharger kits were lost when they were delivered to the wrong address in Virginia instead of Atlanta, GA. Will this project be resurrected? At this stage, probably not. At least, not by MG Racing. So, that is the story, and as much knowledge as we have on the SC. Thus, if you have any flames to make on any rumors of vaporchargers, etc., then save it for someone else, Tim wasn't the one that started the thread, and unfortunately, only a few rumors of the mysterious SC were blown up into absurd proportions. There was no intention to release any information on any vaporware SC, and if you read back on Tim's posts, you will see that there are none.

My involvement with MG Racing:
To answer any questions regarding my involvement with MG Racing - I have a company established as a branch of MG Racing, and Tim and I made arrangements to expand MG Racing. However, a month later, Richard came to me with Import Development, and I have since taken over the daily operations of Import Development as my full time and only job. This keeps me quite busy. If being involved with MG Racing, Tim Hamm, Giampiero or even communicating with Rick/spyderfish has hurt my business or IDi's business, then I will have to accept responsibility for sticking up for a friend when personal attacks were made while the solution was being handled.

Thanks,
Randy Whitten
Import Develompent, Inc.
Old 06-27-2002, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i said several times that i liked tim when i talked to him on the phone. so i never attacked his personal life. please let's not cloud the issue though. when clinton screwed up and was caught he apologized and took it like a man. TIM KNOWINGLY SOLD MY TURBO AND NEVER PAID ME. DOUBLE SPEAK all you will about giampiero and others if you must. i personally do not see how they were involved in this. the money should have gone right to me. yes tim was handling it. for months....and finally with bounced checks. he never really admits on this board what he knows he did and what he has told me on the phone before. HE SOLD MY TURBO AND KEPT THE MONEY. if he really did just buy a lexus then i was a bigger fool that i thought. btw..i may get kicked off this board so if this is the last you here of spyderfish you know why. hondagal is the same person that pm'd me EXTREMELY NASTY when i ran the originl thread months ago. i can't remember the exact words but it wasn't nice, scary actually and she was very emotionaly siding with tim. i honestly was wondering at that time if they were an item or something. i am not joking that'show vicious the pm was. what kind of board is this? i can't believe a board for adults closed that thread.
Old 06-27-2002, 02:04 PM
Former Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

Interesting Spyder.. I would be interested in seeing my comments. Those who know me know that I am not extremely nasty.. Show me your Private Message.
Old 06-27-2002, 02:13 PM

i wish i could honagal but that was months ago. are you saying that you do not remember sending me an angry pm? well maybe you don't. i am not trying to cause trouble. in fact my posts are fairly level headed. i was dissapointed that as soon as tim responded the thread was closed. i cannot contact tim on the phone anymore because frankly it has never produced any results. tim if you see this post and you truly do have a new lexus, then just pay me. i can't help it this became so intense. you should have taken care of it months ago. you had my turbo in your hands. you knew the situation and you sold it. i would have just taken the turbo back. you weren't out of pocket for it. i already paid for it. maybe you were in a bind i don't know...i do agree this whole thing sucks for all involved.
Old 06-27-2002, 02:40 PM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Spyderfish,

You've stated your claim for everyone to see so be done with it. We thank you for the heads up and when you have some new news to share please feel free. To those that have nothing better to do than flame Tim or express what you think he "should do", save it.

I let that other thread run and you frankly disappointed me. Nothing but childish insults and accusations. Get a grip and something else to do. If this thread turns out the same way I'll lock it too.
Old 06-27-2002, 03:21 PM

Originally posted by cthree
Get a grip and something else to do. If this thread turns out the same way I'll lock it too.
Hey, that last line rhymes!

Sorry, if you take that personal or anything, but you guys really need to lighten up around here...Over the past month or so all I have been seeing is personal attacks and flame wars...I have not been a member for even a year, so my opinion really probably does not mean $hit to you guys, but I'm going to give it anyway...

I became a member to this site last October, because it was one of the last remaining car enthusist sites on the net that were actually mature and civil with one another...This website was actually one of the reasons I even bought an S2000 in the first place...I have even met up with a couple of the owners on here and they are all cool as hell and I hope to continue driving with them in the future...To be quite honest, I had not even heard of or had seen the S2000 until I found this board...

But, here recently it is turning into some of the Civic and Accord sites with all of the childish aruging back and forth...

If I were Spyderfish I would have gotten into the car and driven to Atlanta and picked up the money personally a long time ago...But, hey, that's just me...People can come up with all of the excuses that they want to over the net, but in person, it is a very different story I can assure you...

The point is, this matter should have been solved MONTHS ago...And to be quite honest with all of you, I am tired of seeing it continually popping up on the board...

We all need to get past this subject and back onto what this board was orignally made for...The enthusiasim for the S2000!!!!

Thanks for listening
Old 06-27-2002, 03:46 PM

gotcha..i agree that this may not accomplish anything. i thought originally it would. btw c three....i dissapointed you? what childish accusations did i make exactly? are you sure you are not mixing up my posts with someone elses? if anything i said was childish then i apologize to this board. btw why are mods so mad about this? and purge...that is just you...i cannot afford to get in a car and drive to atlanta to get my money...and what are you proposing i do when i get there? come to blows? just what i need. and this subject only came up 2 times in the last six months and each time the threads only lasted a couple days before they were closed or deleted. i have not been badgering this board. here is my last piece and i will go. as of yet tim has not paid me...i hope he will...if he does do you all want to know?..if not that's fine with me...thanks to all of you who showed support for something that is very wrong...i am not quite sure why it feels like i am supposed to apologize for bringing this to your members attention, nontheless i am sorry for causing any fervor on a great site.
Old 06-27-2002, 04:03 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by spyderfish
[B]and purge...that is just you...i cannot afford to get in a car and drive to atlanta to get my money...and what are you proposing i do when i get there? come to blows? just what i need.
Old 06-27-2002, 04:36 PM

Spyderfish I don't think you have anything to apologize for. If anything I feel some of our members need to apologize to you. I have read through all of the threads concerning this topic and Spyderfish has never said anything out of line...I challenge you to prove me wrong. Considering the circumstances Spyderfish has been more than civil; much more than I would be in the same position and I think most would agree with that. The name calling and insults are coming from other people, not Spyderfish.

I for one would like to thank Spyderfish for what he has brought to our attention. I was ready to send $**** to Tim for the MG Racing SC. I was going to be the first person with it installed. After reading through these posts I have wisely decided to save my money.

I applaud Cthree for keeping this open. Hopefully we will be able to continue discussing it in an adult manner. It seems to me there are a few people with genuine complaints about MG Racing and they are finally coming out.

Like I said I think we all owe Spyderfish an apology. He has brought to our attention a very disturbing situation and has been treated very rudely. I would hope if one of our members had a similar situation and posted his concerns that he/she wouldn't be treated the same way. In my eyes Spyder has done us all a favor cause I can tell you when I'm about to send a few thousand dollars for a product I would sure like to know how the business is going to treat me should something go wrong.
Old 06-27-2002, 06:11 PM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My issue is not about spyderfish. This is an open board and he can say what he likes. He has a valid case and it should be heard. It's not him that's causing the problem, it some of the users here. It's their posts that got the threads locked or removed, not spyderfish's posts.

Stop "helping" him and maybe this will get resolved.

Quick Reply: Comments from Tim and MG Racing....