S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

The color that you got !!!!

Old 06-06-2001, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yellow has always been my favorite color on a sports car, and it is also a cooler color in these *hot* Texas summers. Another thing I love about the yellow is it hardly shows dirt. If there wasn't a yellow I think my second choice would have been silver.
Old 06-06-2001, 01:01 PM
S2R

Black is my favorite color. It's sleek and stealthy at night.
Old 06-06-2001, 01:41 PM

here was the line of reasoning for my color choice:

Black: nice, but hard to keep clean, then I remembered that this was going to be a weekend fun car, so keeping it clean wasn't going to be an issue. But the s2k is a small car, and black would have made it look even smaller. Plus, the s2k has some awesome lines and sharp angles on the profile, I was afraid black would hide all those lines and sharp angles (which is what makes the shape so sporty).

Yellow: very sporty indeed, but it would have been a little too outrageous for me. I was afraid that I'd fall under that feeling where you think to yourself after you first buy it, "dude, what an awesome color for a sports car" and then a month later you're asking yourself, "man, i've got a 'yellow' car??" Great to look at, but didn't have enough guts to get. Besides, when I was in the market (last december), Yellow ones were rare and costed an arm and leg.

White: Not sporty/exciting enough for me. Again, I was afraid the color would hide the lines. Although white is a very practical color.

Silver: Very nice and also practical color (scratches not that apparent). But there were so many of them out there already. Although of all the colors, silver accentuates and brings out the sharp lines and angles on the car the best.

Red: Hard to keep clean, but again, it was meant as a weekend car for me. It is a "no fail" sports car color (see the Ferraris). Red, in almost any incarnation says, speed, sport, flash, and fun. I felt there was no way I could go wrong. And since I knew I would probably never own a Ferrari, at least I could have a car similar in color. And what a red it is. Plus, my 94 VTEC prlude is red (although Milano Red and New Formula Red are VERY, VERY different). In fact, all my next sports cars are going to be red (next at bat: NSX, 911 (ok, maybe not the turbo), 348 or 355 ferraris).

And that...is the long and the short of it.
Old 06-06-2001, 01:46 PM

i originally wanted blk/blk but i would have to waited 4 months. the only color the dealer had available was red (mind you this was back in '99). after the test drive, the rest was history.
Old 06-06-2001, 01:51 PM

I got a yellow one. I have always wanted a yellow car.
Old 06-06-2001, 02:04 PM

I love the Yellow... It is the most outstanding color the S2000 comes in..
Old 06-06-2001, 02:06 PM

Traded in a red TransAm. Thought the S2K looked best in white
Old 06-06-2001, 02:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The S2000 comes in Red, Red, Red, or Red, I wasn't aware of these so called 'OTHER COLORS'.

Old 06-06-2001, 02:28 PM

not even a contest: WHITE!!!!!!! the best and most rare color. especially if you clear out the corners
Old 06-06-2001, 02:34 PM

hum what color did i chose? i have noo idea lol. i think that the white and yellow look the best, i really dont like the color of the silver it looks like someone colored the car in with a pencil. then red i think that red looks like a toy....a matchbox car. i had a black car so that i think black is nice too but shows everything! but i waited a month for my yellow and i wouldnt want anything else! i love yellow and it definatly stands out in a crowd
jen

Quick Reply: The color that you got !!!!