S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Color Wars!!!

Old 04-07-2002, 07:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally went to order a SilverRed but when I arrived at the dealership they had a BLKBLK...Couldn't resist and they talked me into it (made it worth my while) guess they wanted to move it...anyway the black has grown on me, glad I bought it
Old 04-07-2002, 08:12 AM

SPA YELLOW PEARL!!! SPA YELLOW PEARL!!! SPA YELLOW PEARL!!! SPA YELLOW PEARL!!! SPA YELLOW PEARL!!! SPA YELLOW PEARL!!! SPA YELLOW PEARL!!!
Old 04-07-2002, 08:17 AM

White/red was my first choice. I've always liked the Boxter Red in the Porsche interiors. I have a Z3 that's white, and I've laways appreciated that it doesn't show dust/dirt as much as darker colors. White shows up great in low viz conditions, though yellow is good, too. In a convoy of cars, the white always can be seen at greater distances- helps when you're at end or front of convoys. I'm betting the paint will look new longer after years of Texas sun.
Old 04-07-2002, 09:20 AM

Wanted Black/Red but saw at the dealer Silver/Red and fell in love with her!
I love the look, just like a shark - thus SAME (jap. for shark) - and much easier to keep clean. I have her since Oct. 2001, she has never been in the rain, gets cleaned and waxed after every drive, and sleeps under her cover in the garage until the next sunny drive! Her miles: 1777.
Old 04-07-2002, 10:20 AM

I'm an impulse buyer. I bought the first one I saw. Thats why I'm always broke. Thank the man for CREDIT!
Old 04-07-2002, 10:31 AM

Well I had ordered a 2000 Silver/Red, abut when I wnet to pick it up it had a large scratch in it (there is a thred around here somewhere).

So I ended up ordering a 2001 Silver/Black (no silver/red allocated)

Then I happeded to stop by the dealer one day and I saw the Spa Yellow beauty sitting on the lot looking all lonely and I just had to take her home...so 2 hours later I was driving home in my Spa Yellow.

On several occasions I have been crusing with my buddies with s2ks (White and Black) and more than once someone has yelled out "Your's is the nicest"

So I know I made the right choice
Old 04-07-2002, 11:26 AM

IMHO, EVERY car looks better in Black, but I'm sure thats just me.

It's all about commitment, and if you have it no car looks better buffed than a black one.

In 2000 when I was shopping for my ride, S2000's in general were EXTREMELY hard to find.

One local lowlife salesman from here in Maryland, had tried to scam me with a promise of selling a newly arrived black one, (I had made it abundantly clear over the phone that I was ONLY interested in purchasing at MSP).

Upon enetering the showroom and seeing the pristinely detailed black S I would have to say that I have never had quite such an intense "Love at first sight" experience before.

His attempt at a 10K mark up took care of that pretty quickly however.

I nearly settled for a silver one from another local dealer but I thank my lucky stars that I held out till I found the triple black one I coveted, truly the car of my dreams.

Every time I see one in another color I'm extremely happy I waited, so my advice to anyone who considers "settleing" for their second choice is hold out!

I was discussing the various colors with my son the other day, and we decided our favorites, in order, were:

Black
Yellow
Blue
Red
White
Silver

My mods:

Zenetti Vega 18" Chrome Rims
Carbon Fiber Interior Kit
Momo Shoulder Harness
Rick's Front and Rear "S" Badges
Costal Metals Grill Screens
Alpine CDM-7871 4 X 45W Head unit
Alpine MRU - 100 300W Mono Sub Amp
Phoenix Gold Xs8 (8" subwoffer) in custom enclosure
Kenwood KFC XF167 6.5" Front Speakers

I have a triple black 95 Maxima as well, with 18" chrome OZ's.

Eddie
Old 04-07-2002, 01:05 PM

I am going for the metallic blue, personally I hate having black leather interior never mind black car black interior. My 1st choice was silver/red but since I had a pretty bad accident in a red Celica back in the days, I am still a bit superstitious. Since I'am of the fire element. So I will be settling over the blue, maybe the water element will blend well with me.

p.s. I think the silver shows the lines the best.
~fg
Old 04-07-2002, 02:13 PM

I asked for black, and I recieved black, watched it roll off the truck with 3 miles on her. Less noticed , lots of work to keep up, but worth it when I'm done. IMO nothing show the lines on any car better than a mirror black finish, with zaino's help of course..
Old 04-07-2002, 02:22 PM

i have a blk/red, but my first choice would have been white/red. I just think the red sets off the white so well. However now that I look at the yellow one i love that color too. They had silver/red and blue/blue at the time i got my car but went with black/red and am happy with her even though it shows dust so easy.

Quick Reply: Color Wars!!!