S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Color Wars!!!

Old 04-06-2002, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Color Wars!!!

Seems like everyone is biased when it comes to the color they chose for their S2000. I would like to know what influenced everyone in the color they chose for this car, what makes your color special to you? Hopefully this thread won't get to crazy i hope
Old 04-06-2002, 07:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My colour was available and was imo the best for what we had in Canada. If I was in the US, I would have gotten white.
Old 04-06-2002, 09:03 PM

I pretty much had to take what I could get. White was not my favorite color but I really wanted red leather and there were no silver or black's within three states when I was shopping around. The color has grown on me, I quite like it now.
Old 04-06-2002, 09:22 PM

i think every color looks good on a S2K ...

i got sebring silver cause silver is suppose to be the lazy color. you don't need to wash the car as often but it still looks reasonabily clean ...

and silver is suppose to show the line of a car better ... (am i right?)

just for sake of comparison, i like the sebring silver better than the silverstone.

but i do like the old red interior better than the new one ...

what i really want is the orange pearl metallic (available in japan) or the titanium silver metallic (available in acura RSX) ... or so i think ...

Old 04-06-2002, 10:37 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I had to buy my second choice (Suzuka Blue) because my first choice (Spa Yellow) wasn't available in Canada? Why do they torture us so??? Anyway, please don't mention this around the car, I don't want to hurt her feelings ...
Old 04-06-2002, 11:21 PM

I had a 94 yellow mustang. The cops and I loved it so i had to stick with the yellow.
Old 04-07-2002, 12:49 AM

If you want to be noticed SPA YELLOW is the way to go !!!!
Old 04-07-2002, 06:42 AM

I chose WHITE because it's the rarest color (approx 7% production, and maybe less now that there are 6 colors) and because it's the whitest white I have seen on a car. The white also shows the body contours the best IMO. Grand Prix White is also Honda's official racing color. WHITE ROCKS!!!! 'Nuff said,
Old 04-07-2002, 07:45 AM

Originally posted by Radster
... The white also shows the body contours the best IMO....
I hate to break the bad news to you. White actually shows the lines of a car (or truck) the least of any color. It is no different with the S2000 with red and silver accenting the lines the most yellow, blue, and black not far behind and white in a distant last place. Sorry white just does not cut it in cuting the lines.
Old 04-07-2002, 07:55 AM

I chose suzuka blue because
1. I found it to be a very "classy" looking color that did not immediately define the car. My last sportscar was yellow and it just screamed "speed racer" while red (my .02) is just a bit too cliche for me (40 years old...time to get a red sportscar). Mind you, both colors look fantastic but I HATE black leather interiors for a convertible.
2. The blue leather was a scheme that you just don't see much of in a world of tan/black leather offerings and it really makes the entire car a cohesive visual statement. My second favorite choice is the white exterior with red leather. THAT looks sharp as well.
3. The color changes with the position of the sun (or angle of available light) and oftentimes takes on the hue of light violet one hour and almost a medium blue the next. It has a lot of character to it and I prefer metallic flake finishes to a solid color.

Not to demean anyone else's choices (we all have our reasons), but this morning I drove past the dealership following brunch and I just cannot find anything nice to say about the '02 silver offering. It comes across as borderline "gray" and I don't think it compliments the lines of the car.
Anyways, this topic always sends the masses into a "circle the wagon" frenzy. The important thing is that as owners, we got the color we wanted and not simply what was available.

Quick Reply: Color Wars!!!