S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Color Conundrum

Old 06-19-2002, 08:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Color Conundrum

OK folks, this may be a stupid question, but it is driving me crazy! I'm 54 year old newbie here and have worked years to finally get the sports car of my dreams. I was hoping that my dealer could locate a new Spa Yellow S2k for me by the end of this week so that I could take it on vacation next week. What a wonderful way to break a new car Well, I just talked to the dealer, and he told me that he can't get his hands on one until after vacation, maybe even some time after that! He also asked me to call back later today; he's checking out the availability of other colors. I really love the way the yellow looks on the car. It also looks good to me in red. There also may be some silver ones out there too, but to me I like the yellow or red better. Should I wait or cave and get a red or silver one, if they are available. I'd love the blue one, but it too is impossible to find. I haven't seen a red one yet. What's it like? I know this is all personal preference, but did any of you go through this and how do you feel it turned out? This is REALLY hard. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-19-2002, 08:17 AM

I know the temptation is there to get one NOW. If your heart is set on the spa, then wait for it. You'll be glad you did. Of course red is a good choice too.
Old 06-19-2002, 08:21 AM

I would get the color you really want and wait. Nothing worse than going for the instant gratification and then regretting your decision later. You've already waited this long, what's another few weeks? Hell, I ordered my Spa Yellow on February 22nd and it's still not here yet!!! Good luck.

Mark
Old 06-19-2002, 08:31 AM

I agree that you should wait if your heart is set on a yellow car. I thought black and red were nice too but my heart was set on yellow. So I waited 4.5 months for one. If you would really be happy with red, get it. Don't be sorry with your choice!!
Old 06-19-2002, 08:36 AM

I lucked out, I wanted red and the dealer had red, no waiting. The car is a blast and I don't know if I could have waited for another color, but my suggestion is get the color you want (spa is my second favorite). Call around to some more dealers. Heck try some out of sate dealers. By the time you get the car home it will be already broken in . If you can't find it, wait it out. You've already waited this long.
Old 06-19-2002, 08:44 AM

You've worked a long time for this. Get the car you want. By that, I mean get it equipped the way you want, in the color you want, at the price you want, and in the condition you want.

When I replaced my 2001, I sent an email to damn near every Honda dealer in CA. I started in San Diego county and went all the way up to the North Bay in SF.

I wanted a Spa Yellow. I wanted it right off the truck with the plastic still on it. I also wanted MSRP.

It took a bit of patience, quite a lot of shifting through email but I got the deal I wanted on the car I wanted.

I had to wait about a month but had the car delivered directly to my office on a flat bed with all the plastic on it. I was able to break the car in properly. I was able to get some cool photo's with it still in it's diapers. Best of all, I was able to get the color that still makes me smile every time I see it in the garage.

The moral... it's worth it if you can wait.

Expand your search pattern. Be patient. Stick to your guns. It will all work out in the end.

Good luck.
Old 06-19-2002, 09:00 AM

When I'm buying any new vehicle, I always wait as long as it takes to get exactly what I want, and color is always important. Well, wait or drive long distances to get the right color. I drove about 160 miles to get a red Ducati when I was ready to buy one, even though there were five closer dealers with models in other colors. I also went about that far to get my red S2000 too.

Hold out for the exact car you want.
Old 06-19-2002, 09:01 AM

Just get a GP White. You'll be happy with it, no doubt. I have white and I'm very happy with it. Shouldn't you be? After all, it is the fastest color!

j/k - As a Honda salesperson, I say - get on the web and search as many out of state dealers. You will find someone with the color you want at a reasonable price that may justify the long drive. If you can't find one soon, I have a yellow one that will be here this month. Let me know.
Old 06-19-2002, 09:53 AM

Asked my sons what color I should get, their reply you must be joking, if they had the choice of a car like the SK2 the would be happy with primer or no paint whatsoever come to that!
Old 06-19-2002, 10:37 AM

Marc,

Referring to my prior post, the Spa Yellow 2002 was shipped on 6/14/2002! Please let me know if you are interested. Forget about Shockley Honda if they don't give you an immediate answer. I am at Ourisman Honda-Volkswagen of Laurel, MD. You have PM. Thanks.

Andy Pulsirisaroth

Quick Reply: Color Conundrum