S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

college and s2k's don't mix

Old 09-12-2005, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default college and s2k's don't mix

well first off let me start by saying, DO NOT TAKE YOUR S TO COLLEGE. i however did. well 2 weeks into college i went out to eat with some friends. i had a girl in the car with me. my room mate derrick was riding in our "suitemates" truck in front of me. well at the light he decides to screw with me so he puts his truck in reverse and tries to freak me out i guess. well i sat there thinking "surely this idiot isn't going to hit me" then sure enough he hit me with his tail hitch. the girl is like "are you serious? he really just hit you?". no real damage done, but it did however leave the slightest tiny impression of his tail hitch in the left of my front bumper. the paint is fine, everything is fine except for a slight impression, nothing cracked. i am getting a few written estimates for what it would take to get the "ping" out of the front bumper. everyone is telling me that the entire front bumper will have to be repainted after whatever is done to be refixed. this as we all know will be very expensive to do. i took it to honda today and talked to a few people about this. this kid will be paying for whatever estimate i give him. everyone at honda suggests i just take the money and invest it elsewhere as the damage is not bad or even noticeable unless you are actually looking upclose and feeling around on the bumper. now my big question is what to do with my new gained wealth as far as modifications go for the s. sometimes paint being expensive does pay off, haha. check out my other topic on the forum to post what you suggest i do mod wise... i was thinking itb's.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well if he is your friends, maybe fvckin him over isn't the best thing to do. I commented on your other thread, as well...
The cost of a new bumper and paint probably wont be enough for ITBs...

I am a freshman at UBC right now and plan to bring my car up next term. Any reason not to? Other than some guy might back into you with a truck?
Old 09-12-2005, 05:56 PM

I had mine at school for my last year. Nothing major happend to it except for one of my upstairs neighbors decied to throw a condom at it full of some white stuff (not what you think) more like it had mayo or something along that line in it. But no dings or anything else from parking it at school.
Bryan
Old 09-12-2005, 06:10 PM

you have cool friends.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:57 PM

Why would anyone be so careless with someone's else vehicle to do something like that?

Does he come from a rich family that bails him out of everything and pays for everything he wants/needs?

Was he sober at the time?

What kind of decision-making ability or concern for others does this show?

Get new friends and make him pay for every cent of damages PLUS your inconvience(time is money right?) whether you pocket it or you fix it.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:58 PM

I park mine at school everyday, with no problems in faculty parking. Of course you never know when a disgruntled graduate student might direct their hostility to an innocent car. Just in case someone is specifically looking for my car, I tell people it's the Benz parked in the Dean's space.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have mine here at college, but I don't drive it to school. It sits in my driveway under a canopy and only comes out on nice days I don't dare park it in the school parking lot on a regular basis! My Talon was hit in the campus apt parking lot 3 years ago and of course the offender didn't leave any info. It was also minorly vandalized on a few occasions. I'd never park my S in a campus housing parking lot after the stuff I've seen pulled.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:05 PM

Some guy did the exact same thing to my 2000 Jetta when I was in college. I got an estimate for $350.

I then went to VW and bought a new grill for $70 and a $4 can of spray paint...and I think I might have bought some ganja with the rest of the money...i don't remember!
Old 09-12-2005, 09:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

drunk kids are so cool until they do stuff like that to you. wish people would grow up already.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by SeeYouAt9K,Sep 12 2005, 09:38 PM
...what you suggest i do mod wise... i was thinking itb's.
I think you should "modify" your suitemate's skull with a Mugen baseball bat!

Craig

Quick Reply: college and s2k's don't mix