S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Clear Headlight Corner Lens Thingies

Old 05-03-2001, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I definitely would like to do clear lenses. However when I had a Prelude, we had to go through breaking orange housings and had to replace one because we broke the lense. Is our S2K done in a similar way?? More difficult??
Old 05-03-2001, 06:32 PM

I would like a clear side markers but want one that fits and looks exactly like the stock ones. Anyone know where I can get them and how much??? How hard is it to install???
Old 05-03-2001, 06:57 PM

Keep in mind, the mold would have to be made with original Euro-spec lenses, because the pattern of the orange lens is different from the pattern of the clear lens. Hmm, if people in Japan want the amber lenses, maybe we could try and set up an exchange program...nah, that would be too complicated...oh well.
Old 05-03-2001, 08:29 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MDS2K
[B]I would like a clear side markers but want one that fits and looks exactly like the stock ones.
Old 05-03-2001, 08:34 PM

THANKS!!!
Old 05-03-2001, 09:35 PM

Jay,
even if it was the pattern of the orange lens, it will still look just as good in my opinion. he estimated setup to be around 75-100 per lens, so a total of 150-200 for the both lenses, but then after the mold is made, then production costs will most likely be cheaper. it's still the better alternative to buying a whole set of headlights.

MDs2k,
It's not like breaking the orange diffuser while its inside the headlights, people take the lens apart and remove the orange and then put back together with a heat gun.

removing the orange piece:
https://www.s2ki.com/faqs/faq_clearlights.php

side marker install:
https://www.s2ki.com/faqs/faq_clearside.php
Old 05-03-2001, 10:28 PM

clckwrkrnj, my concern isn't about the appearance, but more of the actual dispersion of the light. I don't know too much about the science behind it, but I would guess that the clear lens and the amber lens have different patterns for a reason. If you create a clear lens with the pattern of the amber ones, the light may not scatter properly.
Old 05-03-2001, 10:31 PM

Originally posted by S2K Fan
Originally posted by BB AP1
cuz the stock orange lens looks GAY!
I wanted to get clears, still do. But some people like the orange. What's funnier is that people in the states want clears. People in Japan want amber. LOL
Why don't we swap with some folks in Japan... that would be rich. Anybody here speak Japanese - maybe surf the net for a Japanese version of s2000online and throw this idea around to them...

My 2 pennies
Old 05-03-2001, 10:43 PM

does the us version have white bulbs and the euro version have orange bulbs? the source of light might have to do with the difference in shape.

here's my theory why... since the bulb glass is one material and the clear lense is another material, the light is already dispersed because of the orange bulb and less dispersion is neccessary with the white lenses. in the us version, since the bulb is clear, no dispersion takes place and it needs to disperse using the orange lens, which is shaped differently.

now suppose that one had the clear lens in the orange shape, but with a orange bulb.. this MAY disperse the light even less than if there weren't any lens at all. i just read something online really quick about material light travels through... maybe there are some physicists in here.
Old 05-04-2001, 03:18 AM

Can anyone describe or provide me links to the differences in the clear versus orange lens design?

Quick Reply: Clear Headlight Corner Lens Thingies