S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

civic to s2000

Old 04-23-2002, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default civic to s2000

I just put the for sale sign on my civic today. I hate to get rid of it, but its time to start a new project. After researching many cars (rx7, wrx, etc..) my heart is set on a s. I just got a few questions for the people that know these cars the best....you!...this is gonna be a daily driver, and im comin from a civic so should i expect to see any major problems with the s?...any experiences?....and what about baseline performance...what are you all running in your s (1/4 times) stock?...and if modded, what are those times?.....I appreciate it to all those who reply....im sure more questions will be coming in the future..
Old 04-23-2002, 01:58 PM

Hi, I`m the resident asshole

Stocker 1320 times range from 13.9-????. Depends on the drivers. My advice if you are going to do any bolt-ons: Use the search, get plenty of opinions, and get what YOU like.

Ryan
Old 04-23-2002, 02:58 PM
SinD

Now MY 5 cents... I just traded in my Civic for the S.. and OMG I love it.... the civic had NO pick up at all sometimes i'd plead with it to accelorate and now it's a breeze. I step on the gas and it goes... For those times u need to pass those SLOW People on the Left lane (that shouldn't be there).
As for the other car you are looking into.. If you are intrested in the RX-7 AWESOME car.. Had one too Thats the one i traded in for the civic.. At times I regreted i did it... but now I am happy with the S. I had a 2nd Gen.. Don't get the 3rd I looked into it beautiful car but the Motor can't stand all the racing (if thats what you'll use it for) i've heard MANY stories of people having to change their engines cause it's burned out. If you mean to say RX-8 OHH MAN That is a GREATTT car... but wont come out till next year (early spring '03) and i would hold off on that car for a year (after it's out) to make sure everything's ok with it. When i Finish up with this car thats the next car on my List. Coming from a fam that owned 3 RX-7's trust me it's still in the blood and i want another one!! Especially the new version/Generation of it.
All in all take your time... do research (FOR SURE!!) see the options.. prices.. what you can get into... how long u can wait.. and take it from there.. Def Compare side by side. Internet is the guide to all. You can get great info on the Net.
Old 04-23-2002, 03:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Traded Civic for S. Don't miss it one bit... it was boring. I have been using mine as a daily driver with no regrets.
Old 04-23-2002, 04:02 PM

I went from a civic to an S. My original plan was to keep the civic as a beater, and use the S as a fun car. That lasted about a week. Now the civic is my sister's, and I'm driving the S every day. 34k miles in 14 months
Old 04-23-2002, 07:51 PM

thanks for the replys...yea ive done more than enough research on the s...im a honda guy so i cant wait till i get into an s2000. Ive looked into the performance and everything and have seen high 13s (13.8 and 13.9) for stock performance which is nice, not as fast as my current civic (but thats after around 10 grand) but im not even worried about a sec or two off the 1/4, i just cant wait till i get on the open roads and twisty streets with the s. but for the rx7s, yea i was lookin into a 94 but i scratched that off after TOO many complaints about the motor, and i would hold out till the REAL lancer gets here, but thats just too long.
Old 04-23-2002, 08:02 PM

Well, I guess that I am lucky, got my '02 sebring silver and kept my '99 FBP Si. I had done just about everything I could do to the Si. JRSC 10 Psi, Hondata, Recaro SRD's, Koni's, Comptech rear Sway bar. Just over 300 miles on the S2k, so I can't really do a straight up comparison. I do know that i am getting 199 whp on the civic.

Both cars are a blast to drive. The S2k has much better balance and will be faster, the quickness is still to be determined.

Bill