S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

cf hardtop

Old 02-25-2007, 02:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO I would go with the Spoon or Mugen HT. I am planing on getting the Spoon HT when I get my S2K.

If you want to go cheap on mods then you should have bought a lower end honda. I have an EX civic and I still wont let seibon or VIS touch my car. Plus I have never seen a flawless weave on any VIS or Seibon cf parts.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:22 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you want to go cheap on mods then you should have bought a lower end honda. I have an EX civic and I still wont let seibon or VIS touch my car. Plus I have never seen a flawless weave on any VIS or Seibon cf parts.
A lower end honda??? You can get used S2k's for less than civic's these days...
So, how many seibon or vis cf ht's have you inspected the weave on?
I'm guessing none. I'm not gonna pay thousands more for a 1x1 weave. just my .02
Old 02-25-2007, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by NFRAP1,Feb 25 2007, 03:22 PM
A lower end honda??? You can get used S2k's for less than civic's these days...
So, how many seibon or vis cf ht's have you inspected the weave on?
I'm guessing none. I'm not gonna pay thousands more for a 1x1 weave. just my .02
You have your own opinion and I have mine so don't go flaming me when Im saying my opinion based on my expierences.

I am always at my friends shop and they refuse to sell any VIS or Seibon products because of the fitment and quality they give unless the customer won't give in. Yes you might get lucky and get one that has a good weave and fitment but Im not the type of person to gamble that kind of money.

Ok say you get one that has a flaw in the weave or doesnt fit right? Then you go and sell it and chances are your not gonna sell it for as much as you bought it IF you sell it. Then you go and buy a mugen HT and now you just spent more for the Mugen one then you would have in the first place.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lately I've seen a lot of crap seibon parts, fitment is terrible. I think VIS is better but then again have only seen a few people using them. Seibon is out of the question for me.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a c-wings hardtop and it doesnt have any fitment issues nor does it have any misweaves... i've never seen a mugen ht in person, so i can't really tell you if theres a major difference, but i don't think theres anything wrong with my S (all the CF parts are non "JDM").

Old 02-25-2007, 03:09 PM

My Vis HT fits perfect and a friend got the C-wings HT and it also fits perfectly. I was originally gonna go with a mugen FRP HT, but got a great deal on my Vis HT and am very glad I got it. I wouldn't buy anything seibon or Vis or any other knock off brand without fitting it first. So I'm not trying to flame on anyone, I'm just saying that unless you have actually seen these HTs up close how can you judge?
Old 02-25-2007, 03:22 PM

Sorry if I seemed to get an attitude I just felt like what you said as if I am some n00b who doesnt have any expierences from what Im talking about. I mean if you know your getting a perfect fit or weave from VIS or Seibon then by all means get it. If I went with Seibon or VIS I would go used because then you could atleast try the fitment and look at what your getting before you buy.

Sorry for stealing the threat but I can get the new Spoon HT that was just on the front page of Turbo for $3,900 OTD. Is it a good deal?
Old 02-25-2007, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by JDM_JOE,Feb 25 2007, 04:22 PM
Sorry if I seemed to get an attitude I just felt like what you said as if I am some n00b who doesnt have any expierences from what Im talking about. I mean if you know your getting a perfect fit or weave from VIS or Seibon then by all means get it. If I went with Seibon or VIS I would go used because then you could atleast try the fitment and look at what your getting before you buy.

Sorry for stealing the threat but I can get the new Spoon HT that was just on the front page of Turbo for $3,900 OTD. Is it a good deal?
No big deal dude. I agree with you on the fact that I wouldn't get any Vis, seibon, etc. without buying it used so you can check fitment and quality before buying it.
I was surprised at how great my Vis HT fits and now know 2 others with c-wings that fit great.

you should check the group buy section for the Spoon HT, and username medicalstudent has his buildup documented pretty good in the gallery section with a Spoon HT.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:36 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=456213

cheaper for spoon^
Old 02-25-2007, 08:18 PM

JW but can the spoon HT be removed easy like the other ones?

Quick Reply: cf hardtop