S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

cf hardtop

Old 10-20-2006, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cf hardtop

Hello everyone, i been looking to buy a cf hardtop for a while now. at first i was looking to get a seibon one. Then when i look at the VIS one they arent any differrence btw the seibon or VIS. The only thing i noticed is the price different. Of course the seibon is a lot more expensice then the VIS. To me and as the both company stated that both of their qualities are double A's. Then do people like seibon better then VIS? is it just because the name of the brand? better fittment? or etc. If you guys can give me some help i did greatly appericate it.

Thanks for your time.
Old 10-21-2006, 01:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Scour around the FS forums and buy a used Mugen CF hardtop. OEM fitment and bought mine at a price not far off from a new Seibon HT.
Old 10-21-2006, 05:14 PM

i did and there was a mugen cf hardtop for sale which the seller asking for 5300. I could get a new cf seibon one from steve@evolution for 3800 brand new. It comes with the installation kit expect for the side catchers. I am not a baller or anything and i dont think i could afford the mugen one right now. unless someone want to sell there for 4000 then i would buy it but i highly doubt it. Also i think the seibon cf hardtop is cf inside and out and the VIS arent or maybe someone could correct me.
Old 10-21-2006, 06:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought mine used awhile back. I forgot how much I paid, but it was between 4000-4500. Comes with the side catchers as well. 3800 is a bit much for Seibon IMHO especially without the side catchers. You may be able to buy a used set for $250-300, but would cost ~$500 new.
Old 10-21-2006, 06:32 PM

yea i just talked to steve@evolution. He told me the difference b/w the mugen and seibon is of mugen is more expensive and that the weave is tighter then the seibon. Other then that the seibon is oem fittment as well. He also told me that he can get me the catchers for 375 around there plus i need some other thing which i forgot what it was but it would only be 40 bucks more. He also told me to shoot him a pm so he can add me on the list for the group buy for the seibon cf hardtop. Which i will be the third person on the list. The second person is very interested but he is making a decesion. All he needed is just 6 people to be on the list and if some people dont go through with the money then they just dont but the people that go through with the money then they get the price for the group buy which is about 300-500 less then the MSRP. i dont want to make this any longer then it already is. sorry about that lol.

P.s People sign up on the list if you dont go through with the money then you just dont get the seibon hard top but the rest of the people that go through gets it. Help out some s2k owners guys!! lol
Old 10-21-2006, 06:36 PM

I thought there's a GB going on for the Mugen HT also
Old 10-21-2006, 07:05 PM

yes your absoutley right. The mugen GB for the hard top has been goin for about 3 months now. I want a carbon fiber one but right now i cant afford a mugen one which is about 5400 with shipping to my area. On that GB they said the second batch is almost out and i think that they are going to close that thread pretty soon but i am not sure.
Old 10-27-2006, 03:26 AM

weight difference?
Old 10-31-2006, 10:43 AM

just my 2cents on Seibon, i purchased a hood, it delamintated in 3 months and they did notta for me. id NEVER buy their crap again. Id recoment VIS over Seibon any day, not because of what happened, but ive owned a VIS hood before, and the quality compared to the Seibon was quite a bit better, and since they're cheaper thats even a plus for them.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by s2ksoccer,Oct 20 2006, 05:35 PM
Hello everyone, i been looking to buy a cf hardtop for a while now. at first i was looking to get a seibon one. Then when i look at the VIS one they arent any differrence btw the seibon or VIS. The only thing i noticed is the price different. Of course the seibon is a lot more expensice then the VIS. To me and as the both company stated that both of their qualities are double A's. Then do people like seibon better then VIS? is it just because the name of the brand? better fittment? or etc. If you guys can give me some help i did greatly appericate it.

Thanks for your time.
Just to let you know. The VIS hardtop does not come with ANY hardware. It does not even come with the plexiglass window. I would go with Seibon.

Quick Reply: cf hardtop