S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Cat repellent?

Old 05-27-2002, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cat's just love that car cover stuff. Almost as much as they do some home furnishing materials. I've been working on keeping a local feline away from my car. It likes to rest in it's shade and practice with it's claws on the back right fender. So far no serious damage, but I'm beginning to worry. I may try the pepper thing first.
Old 05-27-2002, 05:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to your local pet store....there are a thousand and one products to keep cats from furniture or anything fabric! Just a few squirts from the spray bottle on you car cover will keep them away........some smell some do not......I like the ones that don't smell ...They work great on sofas...fancy walls covering...screens and car covers. Or you can try to scare them...cats are smart and get the idea.....also a water pistol works too...they remember! No need to harm an animal that
is just looking for a comfortable place to sleep. Anyone that uses a gun or air gun is a LOSER!....ya most likely miss and ya got a hole in your top. About 5 bucks for a bottle of the catawy stuff a few sprays ever month .....The bottle will last ya for years.
Old 05-27-2002, 05:16 PM
Banned

Originally posted by nine grand

LOL
I do that to mine all the time. He usually retreats once I point it at one of his front paws and then swats/stabs himself with the other. Hours of entertainment.
What the heck is wrong with your cat?
Old 05-27-2002, 06:10 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ItalianBucwheat
[B]Go to your local pet store....there are a thousand and one products to keep cats from furniture or anything fabric! Just a few squirts from the spray bottle on you car cover will keep them away........some smell some do not......I like the ones that don't smell ...They work great on sofas...fancy walls covering...screens and car covers.
Old 05-28-2002, 02:17 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by iwantmys2k
[B]So I got my brand new S2K and parked in the carport, forgetting that the neighborhood cats LOVE to climb everyone's cars. Pawprints everywhere, though no serious scratches.

I had the same problem you did. Just put some mothballs in a milk jug and cut slots in the jugs a few inches from the bottom to allow the wind to fan the smell. This approach keeps the cats away and also prevent animals from accidently ingesting the poison. If it doesn't work, add some amonia to the ointment (I didn't have to.)

Good Luck
Old 05-29-2002, 09:33 AM

You're lucky it didn't piss in/on your car--really bad stuff and hard to get rid of the smell.

They sell coyote piss in Plant Nurseries to deter animals--it really works. Drip it around your car. I had to repel an armadillo.
Old 05-29-2002, 04:49 PM

I sprayed some towels with cat repellent from the pet store and draped them over the car cover for the last two nights. Seems to be working.

The pet store also advised double-sided sticky tape.
Old 05-29-2002, 05:16 PM

Use a paint ball gun and shoot the cat. Just make sure you don't hit the car. At least then you won't kill it.
Old 05-29-2002, 10:08 PM

Hmmm, I wonder if they make paint balls in New Formula Red. That way, if I miss, I'll just be adding another coat to the car....
Old 05-30-2002, 06:33 AM

They do make a mild electric shock pad for cats and dogs........

Quick Reply: Cat repellent?