S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Cat repellent?

Old 05-27-2002, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cat repellent?

So I got my brand new S2K and parked in the carport, forgetting that the neighborhood cats LOVE to climb everyone's cars. Pawprints everywhere, though no serious scratches.

I got a car cover to protect the paint from the cats and other sundry annoyances, but last night, I discovered a cat sleeping on my convertible roof.

I'm afraid that will stretch the roof over time and ruin the seal.

So, how do I keep the cats off the covered car? Any suggestions from you cat-lovers or cat-haters?

Is there a spray I can use that humanely repels cats but won't seep through the cover and harm the finish? (The OEM cover is pretty thick....) Other thoughts?

My new S2K thanks you.
Old 05-27-2002, 11:24 AM

Put some two sided tape on the car, cats hate anything sticky and will eventually give up. Just don't startle them if they are on your car because then they'll scratch the hell out of it as they exit. I'm a cat lover but they drive me nuts because they'll wait until a car with a warm hood comes in and then wait until your out of site then bingo! I even have problems and I have a garage!! I found one sleeping in my front seat and I didn't even know whose cat it was! Don't leave your car for a second if it's warm.
Old 05-27-2002, 11:42 AM
Banned

You want to know how to make a cat follow something that really isn't there??? Well, here's a method when you're near a cat. Grab a laser pointer flash it at the floor. The cat will chase it everywhere you point the dot. Let go of the button so the cat will think it's hallucinating. Then press the button again.
Old 05-27-2002, 11:51 AM

Originally posted by DR. JEKYLL
You want to know how to make a cat follow something that really isn't there??? Well, here's a method when you're near a cat. Grab a laser pointer flash it at the floor. The cat will chase it everywhere you point the dot. Let go of the button so the cat will think it's hallucinating. Then press the button again.
This has nothing to do with this subject, but I do this with a flashlight and my dog. She just loves to chase the light. Now, whenever I head towards the computer, she follows me wagging her tail because she knows that's where I have the flashlight. It's fun.
Old 05-27-2002, 12:30 PM

Red or Black Pepper.
Old 05-27-2002, 01:19 PM

44 mag. S & W Works everytime. Guaranteed not to come back near the car. Or to avoid the bang if you stay in town just get an air rifle. Both do a wonderful job of keeping cats and dogs far away from your vehicles.
Old 05-27-2002, 01:25 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ugotmade
[B]44 mag. S & W
Old 05-27-2002, 02:47 PM

I would just cover the car with a car cover. Just about anytime my car is outside my garage and I'm not in it, I put the Honda car cover on it. I can install it or remove it in about a minute. Even without the cats, if my car had to live in a carport, it would have a car cover on it.

Speaking of cats, check out the fifth message of this link for a very funny cat related message.
Old 05-27-2002, 04:13 PM

I had this problem when I first got my S and I posted a question on this topic. Putting duct tape sticky-side up on your car cover works well. Once the cat gets some of the tape stuck to it, he wont try it again. I still put the tape on every day for a few weeks, just to make sure, but now the cat stays off even when I dont put the tape on. Its humane and it works.
Old 05-27-2002, 04:48 PM

Originally posted by DR. JEKYLL
LOL
I do that to mine all the time. He usually retreats once I point it at one of his front paws and then swats/stabs himself with the other. Hours of entertainment.

Quick Reply: Cat repellent?