S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Cat-Exhaust Flange

Old 10-12-2005, 10:04 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Cat-Exhaust Flange

Well, I'm buying a JIC exhaust and I currently have a custom test pipe. Basically what the muffler shop did was cut the stock exhaust a little further back, about 4" and make the test pipe 4" longer and used their own flanges. This way I could also bolt the cat back in for emissions. I was ok with this because it was CA and nobody in CA wants to make test-pipes. So, now that I'm buying an exhaust, I don't want to cut it, I want to re-do the test pipe, cut it back to normal length and put on the same exhaust flange as the stock.

When I went to the exhaust shop, they said they didn't have that flange, and actually, nobody did. Where could I order this flange from? This way, I can just take the test pipe off, tell them where to cut it and reweld this flange, and just bring it back and bolt it all up.

Thanks...
Old 10-13-2005, 05:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My best guess would be a salvage yard. Just get a donor cat from a totalled car. Not sure if all honda performance cats are the same, but you should be able to find 1 out there for a reasonable price. Someone actually had one for sale in the "For Sale" forum not too long ago. Get a donor and cut it off.

Other than that, find a machine shop. Should not be that expensive to have them copy it.

John
Old 10-13-2005, 05:54 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Just get a new testpipe. There are two group buys currently. One has a resonator and weighs more the other is just polished stainless. Check them out.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=311206

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=321104

Old 10-13-2005, 07:46 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

damn...I was hoping you guys knew...ohh well. I'll probably go to a machine shop then.

I thought about buying a new test pipe, but it'll end up costing more, and then I'll have this other test pipe that I cant do anything with, cause who would buy it, it doesn't fit? In order to sell it, I'd have to fix it.

Thats why I wondered where to get the flange. A lot of places online sell flanges for like 3-4bucks, just not the right flange. Junk yard could work, but the closest one to me is an hour, then I'd have to cut it off at the junk yard, throw it over the fence and leave :roll:
So machine shop it is, the cheapest and easiest alternative...unless somebody else chimes in and knows where to buy one.

Thanks