S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Carbon Hard-Tops..

Old 10-16-2006, 03:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Carbon Hard-Tops..

Hi to all,

I would like know from you guys if to the living creature, if they are real differences between them in quality, look, carbon and kevlar used, etc... if in your eyes and close you can see the diferences ?? Are the 2000USD diference worth it ?

I now the diference is about 2 000USD between them, but i prefer have the best in quality than for a cheaper way get a false rejoinder with poor quality. But if they are just the same in all and the diference is only the brand, maybe i think again.

I just sold my OEM Hard-top and would like to get one of these two this year if possible (don
Old 10-16-2006, 04:23 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Bump, I'm interested in getting a carbon hard-top as well and was curious as to whether the mugen is worth it over the seibon?
Old 10-16-2006, 09:03 AM

The common consensus seems to be, if you are doing it on the cheap and you are not too concerned about quality Seibon is the way to go.

If you are building a show car for maximum points or are a total JDM whore Mugen is the only way to go. Cost wise the Seibon CF and the Mugen FRP are within the same ball park (baring painting of the FRP which is needed) however the Mugen CF is about 2200-3000 more than either but the quality from what I have seen/read (Note: this is conjecture as I currently don
Old 10-16-2006, 09:23 AM

One thing I wanted to note about my above post. Re-reading it kind of comes off as negative toward the Seibon product. I have been doing a lot of research on this as of late as I have decided to purchase the Seibon product. Ultimately from what I have found is that whom ever purchased one or the other they always seem happy with the out come/product. I have not read of any negative experience with the Seibon hardtop on these boards and the same goes for the mugen.

Typically if a products quality sucks you read plenty of negative post about it, which seems to be the ocasional case for Seibon's hoods. I have yet to see a negative post on a Seibon hardtop from some one that actually owns one, mainly just post bashing it since Seibon ripped off the design and their history of hood fitment issues.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:44 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I'm guessing youre going for the carbon hardtop purely for looks, because I think the weight comes out to be about a 10 lb difference between the mugen carbon and the mugen fiberglass. so if youre going for looks, perhaps the quality of the mugen would be best. otherwise (and especially if you end up painting it) then you might be better off with the fiberglass, and save yourself a couple thousand dollars.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:09 AM

I was thinking the same, of going with the fiberglass one and save $$$ for other mods.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by C U AT 9K,Oct 16 2006, 10:44 AM
I'm guessing youre going for the carbon hardtop purely for looks, because I think the weight comes out to be about a 10 lb difference between the mugen carbon and the mugen fiberglass. so if youre going for looks, perhaps the quality of the mugen would be best. otherwise (and especially if you end up painting it) then you might be better off with the fiberglass, and save yourself a couple thousand dollars.
thats true...but even looks wise, after painting the outside, one would still get
the benefit of having a nice cf interior/headliner in addition to the weight loss;
which is one of reasons why i would consider the cf version... plus saves the
hassle of getting a custom headliner...

anyways, not to thread jack....but just trying to keep from having multiple ht threads...
anyone know if the oem hardtop and mugen style hardtop use the same installation hardware
or does the mugen style require additional stuff?
Old 10-16-2006, 10:26 AM

I think more people stand around your car or even look at your car because they hear the whistle if you've supercharger install under the hood

I mean.. if that's what you want to be, save some $ for other mod! Otherwise get Mugen TOP for your car, YES! It's worth it
Old 10-16-2006, 10:36 AM

First of all, would like to thank all of you till now for the answers and help.

Continue to bring those answers to help me

My car is a S with some...ok, maybe a lot of JDM, 95% spoon stuff, but the mooncraft from spoon i really don
Old 10-16-2006, 12:06 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

There won't be anything wrong with the Mugen CF hardtop. That's mostly why you're paying 2k more.

Quick Reply: Carbon Hard-Tops..