S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Car washer chipped my door

Old 12-12-2000, 09:44 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I have this guy come and wash my car. I was referred to him by another S owner and he's done a great job up till now.

He's cleaning my car today and I go out to have a look. He hasn't moved the car, he's got the left door (you may remember it's the one which was recently vandalised and resprayed) open against the brick wall of my garage as he vacuums the left side. I nearly shat myself. I go to great lengths to avoid parking next to clunkers or any cars with that aura of neglect that might swing their door into mine, and now I'm paying a guy to scratch my car up for me.

On close inspection, yes, there's a nice chip in the paint on the edge of the door. He said I should send him the bill (oh, I will buddy, don't you worry).

The car is going back to the panel shop to have the previous repair redone, and I'll get this done at the same time, but for Cliff's sake, when is this going to stop?

I've had a guy hit the rear right, several people back into it, vandalised left door and roof, and continuous problems getting anyone to do anything decent in the way of repairs.

Sory, just venting. Fortunately my DVD of Gladiator arrived today so I'm gunna dress up in leather and my GF will dress up as a tiger and.....

Aww hell, I'll just post the pictures.
Old 12-12-2000, 10:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MAXIMUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAAAXXXIIIMUUUUUUSSS!!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2000, 01:08 AM

I am Sparticus! No, I'm Sparticus! (best gladiator movie ever)
Old 12-13-2000, 04:58 AM

I know how you feel. I've had jinxed cars before too.

One enured three accidents in a year, none my fault. Spent 6.5 months in the body shop. Neighbors thought I was a used car salesman for GM, as I kept pulling in in late model buicks and chevy's the rental place kept giving me.

Then, after all that, I got my car back after the last repair, and a friend did not fully close one of the rear doors. I went around a corner, it swung open and nailed a cement post in a parking garage.

I finally had to seek counseling. But, you know, I'm still a little . . .

*f
Old 12-13-2000, 04:59 AM

This is why I don't trust anyone else to wash my car. No one will take care/baby your car as yourself.

Mike
Old 12-13-2000, 05:15 AM

Do you live in Balmain ?
Old 12-13-2000, 05:29 AM

Received 790 Likes on 534 Posts

Why would you have someone wash your car when this is so easy to do yourself. I have a part time detailing business and have never damaged a customers car or truck. What a bonehead to vacuum your car with the door open next to a brick wall. He certainly would pay for repair. Sorry you have had such a time of it but this is one of the accidents you can control next time by washing your own car.
Originally posted by AusS2000:
I have this guy come and wash my car. I was referred to him by another S owner and he's done a great job up till now.

He's cleaning my car today and I go out to have a look. He hasn't moved the car, he's got the left door (you may remember it's the one which was recently vandalised and resprayed) open against the brick wall of my garage as he vacuums the left side. I nearly shat myself. I go to great lengths to avoid parking next to clunkers or any cars with that aura of neglect that might swing their door into mine, and now I'm paying a guy to scratch my car up for me.

On close inspection, yes, there's a nice chip in the paint on the edge of the door. He said I should send him the bill (oh, I will buddy, don't you worry).

The car is going back to the panel shop to have the previous repair redone, and I'll get this done at the same time, but for Cliff's sake, when is this going to stop?

I've had a guy hit the rear right, several people back into it, vandalised left door and roof, and continuous problems getting anyone to do anything decent in the way of repairs.

Sory, just venting. Fortunately my DVD of Gladiator arrived today so I'm gunna dress up in leather and my GF will dress up as a tiger and.....

Aww hell, I'll just post the pictures.

Old 12-13-2000, 05:49 AM

Just post the pictures of your girlfriend dressed up like a tiger. Hubba, hubba! Just Joking!
Old 12-13-2000, 09:54 AM

I've got StonGard Door Edge Guard on my cars. I don't know how much they are in Australia DollaryDoos, but in the US its less than $30 for most cars. So easy to install, a Palm Beach Democrate could follow the instructions.

For the S2000, the edge guards are $13.06 plus shipping.

http://www.stongard.com/sgcontent/result2_...ail_Pack_ID=636

[This message has been edited by Speed 2000 (edited December 13, 2000).]
Old 12-13-2000, 10:06 AM
Bieg

I have this guy come and wash my car.
That about says it all don't you think? What do you expect?

Don't forget to thank your friend for the referal.

Quick Reply: Car washer chipped my door