S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Car was hit!

Old 05-12-2008, 06:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car was hit!

Hey guys,

My car was hit today in the parking garage. They hit the back drivers side bumper which in turn pushed the car up against the front concrete wall. The lower part of the bumper is tucked in behind the wheel (but it's not hitting it) It doesnt look like they hit the wheel but I don't see how the lower part could be strong enough to push the car so I guess it's possible. They left insurance information and I already called to set up an appointment with the adjuster.

I want to make sure they check everything out and make sure it's just cosmetic damage and not anything else. I'm sure they weren't going too fast but again it was enough force to push the car. Could there be any suspension or frame damage with a slow impact? I'm more concerned with the rear drivers side suspension since it's possible the wheel was hit.

Do you guys have any advice? Thanks
Old 05-12-2008, 07:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about it, but you are one very lucky person to actually have the individual that hit your car to leave his/her information for you. It doesn't happen too often when someone is man enough to actually own up to their actions. A big for that person.

It seems everything that might possibly have happened on the impact, you have noticed. Don't worry too much about it now and just let your insurance take care of it. If it makes you feel better, just let the body shop know what you are thinking so they can take a look at it. Of course make sure it is a well known auto shop so you don't have to worry about a crap job either. Good luck on the repairs.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by NoRawkus305,May 12 2008, 10:01 AM
Sorry to hear about it, but you are one very lucky person to actually have the individual that hit your car to leave his/her information for you. It doesn't happen too often when someone is man enough to actually own up to their actions. A big for that person.

It seems everything that might possibly have happened on the impact, you have noticed. Don't worry too much about it now and just let your insurance take care of it. If it makes you feel better, just let the body shop know what you are thinking so they can take a look at it. Of course make sure it is a well known auto shop so you don't have to worry about a crap job either. Good luck on the repairs.
...or woman enough

Yes it was very cool of her. I already spoke to her and thanked her for her honesty.

I already have a body shop im mind. My wife had an accident not too long ago and took her g35 to a custom shop. They work on exotics so I know they will do a great job.

I'm going to attempt to drive it home (but I'm 2 hours away today) I'm sure I will get a good idea if the alignment is off or I have any noticable rattles or vibrations.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by NoRawkus305,May 12 2008, 07:01 AM

so much less hassle when people do the right thing.

yeah take it to a good body shop first to evaluate the damage, sounds mostly cosmetic to me, bumpers are pretty tough so most likely only body damage, and possibly bumper mounts.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:02 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

either way, since you were parked, if you claimed this your premium wouldnt go up since its not your fault.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by theonlineguy,May 12 2008, 09:17 AM
so much less hassle when people do the right thing.

yeah take it to a good body shop first to evaluate the damage, sounds mostly cosmetic to me, bumpers are pretty tough so most likely only body damage, and possibly bumper mounts.
that's the key--a good shop.

you should be fine except the hassle and the fact that the car will be repaired. nothing you can do about that though. sorry to hear.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:36 PM

Yeah sorry to hear about that. But i wouldnt have even driven home if I was that far away, would of had it towed and had the insurance take care of that too. But like you said it was most likely a slow impact , so frame damage is not likely. Also the S is extremely light so Its not that hard to push. Anyways hope everything works out for you.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:59 PM

wow, that is an honest lady, she should be on Oprah

Good luck
Old 05-12-2008, 06:56 PM

Sorry to hear but at least she didn't let karma get her back by leaving her info.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:19 PM

take a pic so we can get a idea on the damage

Quick Reply: Car was hit!