S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Which car cover (for outdoor use) ?

Old 10-26-2002, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which car cover (for outdoor use) ?

Looking through the old messages, it looks like the Honda OEM car cover is a "dust cover" for indoor use only.

So who makes a good outdoor cover for the S2000 and where is the cheapest place to get it? Any of the sponsors?

I have used Noah covers on a couple of cars and they work pretty well, but are bulky (not that big a deal to me).

In my case, I have car port - so the car and cover will not be exposed to the full elements, but rain and snow do blow in since the sides are open.

There are a couple of cats roaming the neighborhood, so "pet protection" (a thicker cover?) is important. I have recently purchased a cat trap, by the way - so the car problem may be over soon (I will take the cats to the humane society - so no flames).

Also, do you unscrew your antenna to fit the cover, or do made-to-fit covers have an antenna pocket?

Thanks!
Dennis
Old 10-26-2002, 10:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The custom-fit car covers from Kimberly-Clark do accomodate the antenna. i have two of them, one their duststop (indoor use only) and the other Noah which you have had experience with. I highly recommend both. it pays to shop around for car covers to get the best price, i got mine from jc whitney. paid $220 plus s&h.
Old 10-26-2002, 07:03 PM

I use the Weather Craft on top of the OEM one since it's outside all the time. Both fit the car the same way.

<edit> I meant the Cover Craft WeatherShield. Doh!
Old 10-27-2002, 06:45 AM

Cover Craft Weather Shield. Light and water proof.
Try autoeverything.com for price. You may have to search around on the internet for the best price. Also ask for free cable & lock.
Old 10-28-2002, 01:50 PM

I just bought a covercraft Noah cover and it comes with a pouch for the antenna. It's a great cover. here's the best price I could find for it.

http://www.carcoverworld.com/carcovers.htm

Just click on the covercraft custom covers on the right menu. The Noah or Weathershield are probably your two best options.
Old 10-28-2002, 02:05 PM

I just bought another CoverCraft cover made from the WOLF Evolution 4 fabric. Although the S will not be stored outside I decided to go with another WOLF Evolution 4 cover again. My '90 CRX-Si sat outside with a WOLF E4 cover for three years, including 2 winters - as in Upstate NY! That silly cover is still in great shape.

It does let water through, the car will get wet, but it is breathable and if the car was clean when you put the cover on, it will be clean when you take the cover off, even if it has rained. The only thing - you do need to wash the cover from time to time, otherwise it fills with dirt/dust and that will transfer through to the car during a rain. I just wash it at the Laundromat in one of those big units made for like 45 pounds of cloths.

Here is the best price I could find for CoverCraft quality stitching/patterns.

http://autoanything.com/carcoversresults.a...2002&vsubmodel=
Old 10-08-2009, 10:32 AM

[QUOTE=DWynne,Oct 26 2002, 09:17 AM]Looking through the old messages, it looks like the Honda OEM car cover is a "dust cover" for indoor use only.

So who makes a good outdoor cover for the S2000 and where is the cheapest place to get it?
Old 10-08-2009, 02:10 PM

^ back from the dead! lol
Old 10-09-2009, 04:20 AM

Received 416 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by ziggy55,Oct 8 2009, 06:10 PM
^ back from the dead! lol
they're just spamming any topic with car covers.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:40 PM

Legitimate bump.

Thinking of the Covercraft Evolution 4 Car Cover.

Thoughts? Outisde use and I want it to keep the car dry if it rains. Any suggestions or +1's on the above recommendations?

Quick Reply: Which car cover (for outdoor use) ?