S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Can't deside!!!!! Going crazy.....need help

Old 03-02-2003, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't deside!!!!! Going crazy.....need help

I have had this phobia of buying a black car forever but from the s2k's I have seen in black...they make me drool...but then again I love sliver but it just seems so common these days...I am in the processes of looking for an s2k at this very moment but I can't decide on the color...I'm just extremly afraid of swirl marks, scratches, and everything esle that happens to black cars...anything you can tell me to get over my fear??? thanks
Old 03-02-2003, 06:03 PM

I Recommend Siverstone exterior and Red intrerior.
I feel they are the most elegant combination as well as low profile when it comes to attracting police. The color also does not show dirt very much.
Whatever color you pick will be a blast though so have fun.
Old 03-02-2003, 06:06 PM

I have black on black. A killer combo, but you will be waxin and washin and polishin and buffin for the rest of your life. Get the lighter silver with the red interior. That's what I would get. Unless you have a lot of time to wash. If you have a garage, that would help. I don't so my car is exposed to the elements 24/7.
Old 03-02-2003, 06:07 PM

Also, get clear bra on the S when you buy it. Trust me with this one.
Old 03-02-2003, 06:08 PM

Yeah I am actually looking at a silver one here in my area (I have to buy used because I don't have enough money for a new one I wish I could drive out with a brand new car!) the only problem is that the owner had to replace the clutch at 23,000 miles! so its turning me away from the car...there is a white one I might look at but it is 720miles away! I am having so much trouble finding the car of my dreams...but I will find it. If anyone knows somone selling an s2k in the price range of 20-22,000 please let me know. Thanks a lot.
Old 03-02-2003, 06:14 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just checked out CarMax.com and they have 20+ S2000's available. One in Laurel for $23,600! Here's a picture:

Another in Rockville for $24k.

Check out www.carmax.com and type in where you want to look. I typed in Richmond, VA and the entire list populated. Several S2000 owners have purchased their S2000's from CarMax and they've had good experiences. Their prices are also pretty competitive.

Well I have the black w/ all red. It is a pain to keep clean, but in my oppinion worth the labor. If you want a rare color I'de go with white. I'm sure you will enjoy the car no matter the color. Good luck.

Eric

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

get the black... i know you want black... get the black... i know you want black...
black... black... come on now, black...

Old 03-02-2003, 06:18 PM

Thanks for your help and advise. Today comming home from dinner I saw a black s2k fly by my friends and I and we were in his S4 and it just was so slick. It made my friends s4 just seem like any other car to me. I love silver but I really want to get a CF hood and to me it just clashes with the silver. I dunno, this is a very hard process...I just want to make the right choice.
Old 03-02-2003, 06:20 PM

I just went through the same decision you are making now. I had a black vette and spent to much time polishing out scratches in the clear coat. This did not happen with the silver 280 Z, I had previously. I just ordered a silverstone/black S Wednesday. I think it will be less maintenance and I will have more time to enjoy the car.

Quick Reply: Can't deside!!!!! Going crazy.....need help