S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Can anyone reccomend me a dealer in MD/VA/DC area?

Old 04-04-2002, 10:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I'm new to the forums. I've been a lurker for a long time however . Well, I'm about to purchase a S2000 and want a black/black. I found one coming in in 18-25 days at Landsmark Toyota at Alexandria. Anyone have experience with them? Or can anyone reccomend me a good dealer that sells at MSRP or less? Thank you.
Edit: Arrrrrgggggggg I said Landmark Toyota instead of Landmark Honda after looking so hard for MKIVs for few months before I had my eyes set on S2000...
Old 04-05-2002, 02:40 AM

just dont go to Herson's!!!!!
You have to shop around to find the good price (msrp, that is)
good luck!!!
Old 04-05-2002, 03:30 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heritage Honda in Towson, MD sells at MSRP.
Old 04-05-2002, 03:58 AM

Everyone I know who has gone to Northwest Honda has had good things to say.
Old 04-05-2002, 04:05 AM

Back in February, Sport Honda in Silver Spring sold me my car at $1,000 below MSRP...Mike Hein was my salesman and he treated us well. We also stopped by Heritage in Towson and as Rick says, they're selling at MSRP.
Good luck -- and believe me, you'll love the car.
Old 04-05-2002, 06:49 AM

Originally posted by Helios
Back in February, Sport Honda in Silver Spring sold me my car at $1,000 below MSRP...Mike Hein was my salesman and he treated us well. We also stopped by Heritage in Towson and as Rick says, they're selling at MSRP.
Good luck -- and believe me, you'll love the car.
Also bought my S2000 blk/blk at Sport Honda last month for less that MSRP (~$800) and was treated well by the salesperson. Also have a feeling you might be able to get one for less than MSRP at College Park Honda however have to be willing to play the dealer game .... (i.e. got to be willing to seriously haggle ... and takes forever). I had gone to by an '02 but they only had red and yellow, so they tried to sell me an '01. Also, Herson's said they were willing to sell at MSRP.

Good luck !!
Old 04-05-2002, 08:07 AM

You need to PM a member of our board Suzukas2k - he is an owner AND a salesman at Jim Coleman Honda in Clarksville, MD.
Old 04-05-2002, 08:14 AM

Originally posted by Hiroprotaganist
You need to PM a member of our board Suzukas2k - he is an owner AND a salesman at Jim Coleman Honda in Clarksville, MD.
Yes, that's Cheng, Jacky Cheng
Old 04-05-2002, 12:07 PM

Well, I got a call from Herson's and they are selling at MSRP. They also said that they could get me a black/black in a week. Should I buy from them or just wait for Landmark Honda to get theirs?
Old 04-05-2002, 12:12 PM

Ask them if it happens to be a scheduled delivery due for arrival sometime next week.... or if they were going to have one transported from another dealership. Just an FYI - they usually "drive" the car from store to store. An S2k gets about 4 to 5 miles when it arrives at the dealership via a flatbed truck, and then they do a 3 to 5-mile PDI to make sure everything is good and tight. Mine had 8.9 miles when I got the keys.

I bought mine at Herson's, the experience was good (my 3rd Honda from the same guy), and I got a good trade-in value on the Civic, but their finance dept. screw me over BIG time. I went back to my bank couple months later and got the rates reduced in almost half.

Did you got to read the dealer letter in the library? Fax the dealership a copy, so they keep your bumper plugs on, and no stickers/decals glued to the paint. Along with many other things .... I have to give my saleman credit, my car was PERFECT when I picked it up.

Just don't go there for any services ....
Have you send SuzukaS2k a PM, I am sure he can help you quite a bit with his access to the database

Just my $.02

Quick Reply: Can anyone reccomend me a dealer in MD/VA/DC area?