S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

The calipers are done!

Old 05-03-2003, 08:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ralper

[QUOTE]

Your kid looks like Harry Potter yo!

~Raymond
Old 05-03-2003, 08:31 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,494 Likes on 1,161 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by HondaManR

Your kid looks like Harry Potter yo!

~Raymond
Hes 15. I don't think he'd be too happy to hear that.
Old 05-03-2003, 08:34 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I also enjoy reading your stories about your S and your kids. Keep 'em coming!!
Old 05-03-2003, 10:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The X-brace is a 15-minute job, so don't expect them to hang around for too long on that project...but the results are quite nice. The windshield tape has potential to be a longer project...when you find that your windshield was never completely painted under that tape, as some have found
Old 05-03-2003, 10:40 PM

How are you with criticism?
[QUOTE][B]I had heard that you are supposed to put the wheels back on exactly the same lugs as they were on before as to not change the balance.
Old 05-03-2003, 10:59 PM

My girls are young... 3 1/2 and 1. The eldest is already a baseball fan & car nut..

Mommy Drives a "princess truck" (ever hear a better description of an x5?

And daddy drives a "Schportz car, a convertible" I think S2000 is a little over her head at this moment.

She's had the 1/18th model s2k since I bought my car in June '02. And Barbie tries to drive it every day (though the model is a little too small for that)

She knows where the wheels, engine & steering wheel are...

She can't wait till she's big enough to go for a ride (since legally.. no children in the front seat... Though she has gone with the help of a "Human Harness" a/k/a mommy

gotta start em young...

oh.. and let me know how the paint looks... my calipers are looking awfully crappy
Old 05-04-2003, 03:03 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,494 Likes on 1,161 Posts

PWRMKR

Years ago I had the front wheels of my MGB "dynamically balanced". The tech raised the front of the car, had some device that spun the tires at high speed and a strobe light. I thought that this probably wasn't what was done on the S, but I didn't want to take any chances.

As far as the eye protection goes, you are absolutely right. Adam should have been wearing goggles and he should have been wearing the mask properly. My fault, I should have been more careful. It won't happen again. Thanks for the advice.

Evil G

That's how it starts. I had a Jeep Wrangler when Adam was very young. It needed constant repair. Me and my sidekick did most of the work. Since that time we've be working on our cars together. Except for that, the Jeep was horrible. The fact that it helped make Adam into an enthusiast was great.

Encourage your daughters. One of lifes little pleasures, of which there aren't enough, is to share a common interest with your kids.

I will let you know how they look later today after they are completely cured and I can see them in the daylight.

MacGyver

When the two, Adam and I, or the three of us work together we somehow manage to turn a 15 minute job into a 2 hour job. I don't mind, its part of the fun. One of the things holding me back from the windshield tape is exactly what you said. I am afraid there might be some paint missing.

Strike

Thank you. As soon as we decide on the next project, we'll write about it. My wife, E.W.A., thinks we're crazy to spend so much time on a "car", but thinks its great that we spend so much time together on the "car".
Old 05-04-2003, 03:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

....Adam and I, or the three of us work together we somehow manage to turn a 15 minute job into a 2 hour job.
Old 05-04-2003, 03:33 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i would do the rotors next or maybe s badges on those wheels...
i painted my calipers silver too, and it really cleans up the look of the wheels- and a more subtle look than red.
Old 05-04-2003, 03:42 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Rob,

I'm interested in this dynamic balancing technique. I'm totally ignorant of this procedure. Indeed, it makes sense to me to balance the entire wheel assembly as a whole (everything that spins), but I'm interested in how it's done. Do you have any more info on this?

Just curious. Thanks.

Quick Reply: The calipers are done!