S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Buying an S2000 today, need help with color decision and more....

Old 12-31-2001, 06:10 AM
mas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying an S2000 today, need help with color decision and more....

Hello all,

I just registered here but I've been browsing these forums for a while. I've made a deposit for an 2002 s2k and should get it some time this week. The only question still open is the color??? Here's what my thoughts are on the colors and I'd appreciate your input in helping me pick one. I only have today to change my mind and select another color than the sebring silver (with red interior) that is on papers.

Colors I don't want:
*White - looks too ordinary to me, don't want it for sure.
*Black - Ok, but my last car was black and I'd like a different color

Colors I'm not sure about:
*Blue - Haven't seen it in person, but the pics i've seen don't look that good. Don't think this color suits the S2k, but these guys at the dealership were swearing by it that it's the best color and looks very good on the S2K

Colors I'm thinking to pick from:

*Sebring Silver with red interior - Have seen an 02 in silver, but was black inside. Looks good. I know the red interior on the 02 is over the top but I don't want the plain black interior (would have been so nice if they did not screw this up).

*Red - Seen one but it was partly covered with the protection film that comes from factory. The color was really good, but I'm not so sure if it suits the car.

*Yellow - Looks real good! I'm not sure if I'll like it over the years, though. Also, a dirty yellow car really looks terrible (more than a black). I'm really not sure how this color will age.

So, this is my story. I'm really not sure about this color selection so guys come help me here.....

Thanks!

/mas
Old 12-31-2001, 06:22 AM

I have a '02 Spa Yellow and love it. Despite what you said, it doesn't seem to get that dirty. It's been 2 whole weeks since I've washed her last (I know, bad boy) and she still looks great. The bugs do show up, but it's bearable.

I think it all depends on what you want...
if you want ultra flashy, get yellow
if you want sort of flashy, get red
if you want to blend in with the crowd a bit more than the above 2 colors, get silver or
black
if you want rare, get white
if you're a woman, get blue

Actually, the blue is a very nice color. It shows differently in all different lights, and is quite stunning. I just can't handle the interior.

The new Sebring silver on black is very nice.

it all comes down to what you, so asking us is sort of pointless...Good luck!
Old 12-31-2001, 06:25 AM

Please! Yellow is the only choice. As much as I like the silver, the all red interior looks like it came
from a New Orleans cat house. Silver / black is too drab. I would have bought the red, but every
sports car is red. That only leaves yellow.
Old 12-31-2001, 06:27 AM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I say Yellow too!

I think Red is the worst color choice - I've seen it in person and it just doesn't look right on the S2000.
Old 12-31-2001, 06:36 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

I saw an 02 Sebring/Red...looked nicer than I expected...the "all red" is not as overpowering as I expected.

The same dealer had an 02 Suzuka Blue...it was sort of ho-hum IMHO...once again, the "all blue" interior was nicer than I expected...sort of a slate blue and not harsh.

My personal age-related opinions: If you're under 30, the Spa Yellow might be a good choice. If you're under 40, add the Red as OK. I'm over 40 and love my Silverstone color since it will age gracefully with me...and always look classic.
Old 12-31-2001, 07:18 AM

I think the decision on which color to choose should be made by you and you alone. You're the person who'll have to look at everyday, not any of us.
Old 12-31-2001, 07:38 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

As another Spa owner, I can agree with moonpie on the dirty-factor. Spa does not really show up too bad between washes. Worst area is the very rearmost portion of the car, but even that I can towel-wipe quickly before I roll out. Then again, I don't live in Maine...weather/roads might be less merciful up there. Silver is sharp & would probably show least...but really, now...you *KNOW* you want the Spa!
Old 12-31-2001, 07:49 AM
mas

Well, guys, thank you all for such fast replies. I'm really impressed, this was my first post here. I just called the dealership and changed the color to yellow! You are right that it had to be me who decides the color. But, without actually seeing the car in silver/blue it was kinda hard for me to decide. Thanks once again, I'll be picking up the car sometime this week.
Old 12-31-2001, 07:55 AM

Yellow is the most eye catching IMO.

Sebring silver with red would be my next choice. Congrats!
Old 12-31-2001, 07:59 AM

yellow is a good choice.

Quick Reply: Buying an S2000 today, need help with color decision and more....