S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

buying an S2000 next week.. how fast is it, in comparison to say..

Old 05-05-2003, 09:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SJSHARKS
[B]The first sentence of your second paragraph practically disqualifies you as a future happy S2k owner.

THe S2000 is not a drag racer, it lacks the torque, horsepower, clutch, transmission, and drive line.
Old 05-05-2003, 11:56 AM

dcak. You will learn very quickly that you shouldn't speak of driving fast on this forum or you will be flammed and be told that the S2000 isn't a dragster.

I suggest that you get a used S2000 and drive it. And not only on the freeway. Get in traffic, launch the car several times, etc. Really get a feel for what the car is capable of. Then you will be able to make an informed decision whether or not this car is for you. You may be happy with the acceleration, maybe you won't. It's really up to the individual and what they are looking for out of a sports car.

If this is your first sports car, then you probably won't be impressed since you are probably looking for a really strong engine with a lot of down low power. If so, I suggest that you take a look at the 350 Z or a 00 C5. Don't look at the RX-8 since it probbaly drives very similar to our car. That's just my 2 cents.
Old 05-05-2003, 12:55 PM

I like the car a whole lot. And yeah, I was a little disappointed by the low end, but the handling more than made up for it. I have no intention of racing people, I was just wondering how it actually compares to the other cars. Not a bad question, I think, if I'm spending 25k on a car that is known for how fast it is.
Come Wednesday, I'll have a VIN # to input to change me to owner status. And I'm looking forward to it. If I find I don't like it, then I'll sell it. But I don't see that happening.
Old 05-05-2003, 01:20 PM

Originally posted by dcak
If I find I don't like it, then I'll sell it. But I don't see that happening.
Better find out before or you'll be stuck for a while.... unless you are putting a $10,000 down payment on the car.
Old 05-06-2003, 05:39 AM

I've test driven 4 of them. Driven one of those pretty hard, I like the car and I'm sure I'm going to like the car for a long time, but nothing is really for sure, so there is a chance I will end up not totally loving it. But I'm picking it up tomorrow, and I'm sure I'll be quite happy with it.
Old 05-06-2003, 06:00 AM

Happy trials!!! Let me know about your first day. I still remember mine. I was able to VTEC since the car was used.
Old 05-06-2003, 05:59 PM

..with lighting fast shifts at 8300 rpm every gear seem to work quite well

You needs to shift at redline in all of the 1st three gears in order to get the most power out of the engine (maybe it's even the 1st four gears ... can't remember exactly).

This motor stops making power after 8300 rpm

Where did you get that? S2000 makes a lot or power after 8300rpm. Yes, the 8300rpm is where the peak is, but it still makes a lot of power all the way to the redline. Look at the dyno charts ... or just try it yourself as the car feels substantially slower shifting that low in the 1st (and 2nd) gear.

You have a lot more power at your disposal if you shift at redline in the 1st 2 gears in particluar. The power that you're 'wasting' by not going to redline in 1st and 2nd gears is substantial as the characteristic of ther S2000 motor is not that it "had no power over 8300rpm", but that "it has no power bellow 6500rpm". That means you want to stay above 6500rpm at all cost (and when not possible then close to it).
Old 05-06-2003, 06:29 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by GS-Raw
[B]

Thank You! I'm sorry to put so many of you down but you guys really must be some boring middle age old farts that can't drive. Yes the S2000 is not a dragster. Yes it is bad to drag race and dump the clutch. BUT.....it can be done. Don't say you can't beat this and you can't beat that because in a Street Race, anything is possible. I personaly have beaten a 2001 Mustang GT with a K&N Intake system and a Flowmaster exhaust by about 3 car lengths in my BONE STOCK 2003 with only 14 days of behind the wheel time and 1200 miles with the car. Now I
Old 05-06-2003, 07:54 PM

Originally posted by HwangTKD

Your an idiot.
"Your" shows possession. "You're" is the word you are looking for. It is the contraction of "you are". You should try to sound a little smarter when you want to insult someone else's intelligence.
Old 05-07-2003, 01:17 AM

ne1 else just sit there giggling when reading through little bitches like this, he he he

Quick Reply: buying an S2000 next week.. how fast is it, in comparison to say..