S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Buying guidance for OEM Hardtop

Old 09-03-2024, 05:13 PM
eam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JimSt
As someone who just purchased and installed a hardtop from another car, I encourage you to remove and sell the mounting hardware from your car. There are two "catchers', eight bolts, a wiring harness and two "side brushes" that will be needed to install your top in another car. Removing them is pretty simple but you will need 8 bolts that are slightly shorter.

Current costs for the parts in your car can be seen here https://hardtopguy.com/store/218/11/92/

The "side brushes" needed for a car without a hardtop might be hard to find and the wiring harness in your car is no longer available new.

Part numbers are:
84142-S2A-000. Base, R Brush non-hardtop
84192-S2A-000. Base, L Brush non-hardtop

Happy to help if you need more details.
I very much appreciate this advice and your offer to help with more detail. Is there a specific YouTube video that you know of that would be helpful in guiding me? If not, I'll search around for "instructional" info and come take you up on your offer if I can't find anything helpful.
Old 09-03-2024, 08:02 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by eam
I very much appreciate this advice and your offer to help with more detail. Is there a specific YouTube video that you know of that would be helpful in guiding me? If not, I'll search around for "instructional" info and come take you up on your offer if I can't find anything helpful.
I used the factory install instructions.
https://www.s2000.club/OM/OEM%20Hardtop%20B.pdf

Any good hardware store should have the 4 6mm x 16mm and 4 8mm x 16mm bolts you need to use on your car after removing the catchers.

Your wiring harness is no longer manufactured and will be needed to install your hardtop on any post-2005 vehicle. It may require some care to remove. Replace it with a 1" hole plug. Ace Hardware has one and the bolts.

if you can't find the original brushes, don't worry. It is mostly cosmetic on a car without a hardtop and the ones needed to install on another car are still available.
The following users liked this post:
eam (09-05-2024)
Old Yesterday, 07:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hardtop Inquiry

Originally Posted by eam;[url=tel:25080349
25080349[/url]]I have a silver hardtop that I came with my 2008 S2000 that I bought used 4 years ago. I used it for one winter, but have not used it since then so would like to sell it as it is taking up space in my garage. I also have the stand for it. It is in excellent shape with no known issues. I live in Massachusetts. Let me know if you are interested and what you think a fair price is. If it's reasonable, then I'll skip the step of listing it, etc. Also, I have 4 mounted snow fires (about half life left) that I am also planning on selling for the same reason in case you are interested.
Do you still have this top?