S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Business cards placed on your window. Frustrating!

Old 05-08-2003, 07:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Business cards placed on your window. Frustrating!

Has anyone else encountered this issue? You're walking back to your S, when you see a business card slipped between the weatherstripping and your window. You attempt to pull it off, and it falls into your door. That has happened 4 times now, and I'm curious to know if those cards could, over time - somehow eventually get in the way of the mechanisms inside the door and cause problems i.e. they start to fall apart because of rain, moisture etc.

Most of the cards that get placed on my window have to do with detailing, but I've successfully taken at least a dozen or so cards off without them falling through. It's those 4 that have frustrated me. Should I be concerned, or let it go because life's too short?
Old 05-08-2003, 07:10 AM

Never had anyone place a business card on my window.
Old 05-08-2003, 07:12 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

If it bothers you, you could remove the inner door panel then reach in and remove them. Over time they will get wet when it rains beacuse water drains through the door. It is about a 10 min job. I don't know if I would bother or not, but if I had the panel off already I would removed them.
Old 05-08-2003, 07:17 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If you want to be a jerk about it, you can always get the contact info off of the card and send the company a bill for repairs.

Where I live it is illegal to put fliers or other advertisements on cars, and such a letter could sometimes result in a payoff. Just tell them the card fell into the door and you had to pay Honda $100 to get the panel removed and the card retrieved. Otherwise, you will take them to small claims court. It would also help if you include the statute about leafletting cars (if applicable).
Old 05-08-2003, 07:23 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rworne
[B]If you want to be a jerk about it, you can always get the contact info off of the card and send the company a bill for repairs.

Where I live it is illegal to put fliers or other advertisements on cars, and such a letter could sometimes result in a payoff.
Old 05-08-2003, 07:24 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I place business cards under the wiper, but the cards are for our S2000 club inviting the owner to be part of our club. I do get frustrated with cards or paper's that are not related to my car though, because I don't want to throw them on the ground and litter. Instead I have to take them home to throw away.
Old 05-08-2003, 07:29 AM

Originally posted by gomarlins3
I place business cards under the wiper, but the cards are for our S2000 club inviting the owner to be part of our club.
That's cool. I can understand that form of guerrilla marketing; it's focused and pertains to the automobile...and placing them on the windshield is harmless.
Old 05-08-2003, 07:44 AM
Banned

I would smack anyone trying to put crap on my car. Don't touch someone else's property.
Old 05-08-2003, 08:51 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by calpilot7
[B]I would smack anyone trying to put crap on my car.
Old 05-08-2003, 09:03 AM

After reading posts about some of the substances "placed" in other forum members' cars, I'd say you got off easily!

Go ahead and put me in the "life's too short" camp.

Quick Reply: Business cards placed on your window. Frustrating!