S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Borla Exhaust

Old 12-17-2001, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I suppose it is possible that they couldn't deliver for Neuspeed but I'll bet there is more to this story. They've got a long, successful history of providing domestic car and truck exhausts, though. Perhaps subbing wasn't enough of a priority to satisfy Nuespeed's needs. Perhaps they didn't want to compete with themselves. In any event, I don't think there's anyone bigger except maybe an old line Italian brand. Is Ansa still breathing?

Cyberlogic: Funny how high-priced in the F-body world is world-class bargain in the S2000 world, huh?
Old 12-17-2001, 12:41 PM

Originally posted by jschmidt
I suppose it is possible that they couldn't deliver for Neuspeed but I'll bet there is more to this story. They've got a long, successful history of providing domestic car and truck exhausts, though. Perhaps subbing wasn't enough of a priority to satisfy Nuespeed's needs. Perhaps they didn't want to compete with themselves. In any event, I don't think there's anyone bigger except maybe an old line Italian brand. Is Ansa still breathing?

Cyberlogic: Funny how high-priced in the F-body world is world-class bargain in the S2000 world, huh?
Exactly...the 3 exhaust I have had from Borla have been by far the best exhaust I have ever seen...with performance, quality, finish. Everything...hell there's a fricking lifetime garontee(sp)... Hmmmm...anyone else have experience with this exhaust?
Old 12-17-2001, 12:57 PM

Mingster and I shared some experiences. He also presents a pretty compelling argument for his view. It may well be that Neuspeed wasn't accorded the service that a customer should get.

It is, in fact, our collective knowledge that makes us individually smart.
Old 12-17-2001, 04:33 PM
vmb

I've got a Borla on my Jeep, has a great "rumble" to it. Quality is very impressive IMHO.

And Jim- there's an Ansa system on the Alfa Funny how I've kept the S2K stock!
Old 12-17-2001, 04:42 PM
Spammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nothing like a POS Made in America Exhaust for a Japanese Sports car.
come on guys!
Old 12-17-2001, 04:54 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally posted by mingster

that fact is no longer true - Neuspeed severed their relation on this project quite some while back and went with a Japanese manufacturer because Borla had QA problems (and mucho problems at that) with quality, finish, and fitment, that's why there are 3 versions of the Neuspeed exhaust.
I've got the version with the new hangers (pre-clamp). So Richard, which part of this system did Borla make? BTW, I still love this exhaust. It sounds better with age. The sound seems to be "maturing" and getting throatier.

vbm, any freer flowing muffler/exhaust on a Jeep (6 or V8) will rumble nicely. You don't need a Borla for that. I had a Hooker muffler on my 5.9 Grand and it rumbled real good. I don't think you'll ever make a 4 banger sound like that no matter what you put on the thing.
Old 12-17-2001, 05:03 PM

Originally posted by 4igs2000
...POS Made in America...
Uh, I think that's where those "Daisy Cutters" are made too.
Old 12-17-2001, 05:58 PM
vmb

[QUOTE]Originally posted by xviper
[B]
vbm, any freer flowing muffler/exhaust on a Jeep (6 or V8) will rumble nicely.
Old 12-17-2001, 06:01 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by vmb
[B]

I just knew someone was gonna come back with that
Old 12-31-2001, 08:53 AM

I also had a Borla exhaust on my '96 Cobra. It was an awesome sound. I've also wondered what the Borla would sound like on my S2000. I've never been a big fan of louder 4 cyc exhaust, but if I could make my S2000 sound anything like my Cobra I'd do it in a heartbeat...if I could have transplanted my Cobra's engine into my S2000 I know the handling would suffer some, but it would probably be worth the trade off.

Quick Reply: Borla Exhaust