S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Borla Exhaust

Old 12-17-2001, 10:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Borla Exhaust

OK I did a search and this has been discussed a few times before but in all the threads I no one actually had this exhaust yet. So I'm trying to see if anyone has gotten it yet. I loved the sound of the Borla exhaust on my f-body's and have heard a sound clip of it on an S2k and it still sounds sweet. I am curious in performance gains though. I just want to make sure I don't loose power. When I called Borla to ask they stated that they gained 9hp at the wheels (Yeah I know...no way) but they also said that they didn't test torque just hp...so that worried me a little bit. Also in several of the old threads it was stated that the Borla exhaust and the Neuspeed exhaust...this is not true... Borla said they are completely different. In any effect I can get the exhaust for $575 and that is a good thing... So any opinions? Also is $875 for the HKS exhaust a good price?
Old 12-17-2001, 11:03 AM

Last time I heard, Borla designed the Neuspeed exhaust for them. I remember someone on this board going to Borla to have them look at his Neuspeed exhaust when it was in development.
Old 12-17-2001, 11:08 AM

Originally posted by Code3Smith
Last time I heard, Borla designed the Neuspeed exhaust for them. I remember someone on this board going to Borla to have them look at his Neuspeed exhaust when it was in development.
Yeah this is true...but there are two separate exhaust though...the Neuspeed and the Borla...both were designed by Borla...why I don't know...
Old 12-17-2001, 11:14 AM

i d be interested in hearing the borla one as well. do you know if it has a single or dual tip ?
Old 12-17-2001, 11:16 AM

I don`t think it looks very good
Old 12-17-2001, 11:18 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by docofmind
[B]i d be interested in hearing the borla one as well.
Old 12-17-2001, 11:19 AM

Originally posted by vtecvoodoo
I don`t think it looks very good
Huh...from the pics I have seen it looks almost the exact same as the OEM exhaust. Where have you seen pics that you didn't like? I would be interested in seeing them.
Old 12-17-2001, 11:21 AM

I saw it at SEMA.
Old 12-17-2001, 11:32 AM

Originally posted by vtecvoodoo
I saw it at SEMA.
Huh...what looked bad about it? Did it not look like the stock exhaust?
Old 12-17-2001, 11:34 AM

Originally posted by Code3Smith
that fact is no longer true - Neuspeed severed their relation on this project quite some while back and went with a Japanese manufacturer because Borla had QA problems (and mucho problems at that) with quality, finish, and fitment, that's why there are 3 versions of the Neuspeed exhaust.

Quick Reply: Borla Exhaust