S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

BOMZ, Eibach, AEM....help........

Old 07-12-2002, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BOMZ, Eibach, AEM....help........

Trying this again, no one responded before and just want to make sure I am not pissing anyone off, is there something wrong with my posting besides it being a bit long winded? Thanks

I am new and sorry if this is a bad question for everyone but here are the three things I am seconds away from buying and why.... if anyone has thoughts, ideas, better products, prices please let me know.

I am looking at an AEM Cold Air Kit for $229. Is this the best one for the money, does it work, can I hope for 10HP and does it help with motor life? Any thoughts? OK price?

I am looking at purchasing a set of Eiback Pro Kit springs to drop the car one inch. I do not want to buy new rims and hoping this will make my stock rims look a bit bigger and fill the gap. Will these springs add performance, I mean enough without compensating significant ride quality. Just get nervous messing with a car that seems already quite tweaked out. Are these springs OK and what are peoples thoughts on doing this? Is one inch enough, to much? Want it to look a bit tricked but not a low rider by any means. At first glance I want it to look stock but if you know the s2k you will know its been dropped an inch.

Oh and if anyone knows any good ar stereo guys in Boston please recomend.

Finally I would like to swap out the stock mufflers and hoping to change from the high pitch motorcycle sound rev when I drop the hammer to a deeper sound not as sport bike sounding. I looked at BOMZ 4 1/2 inch mufflers and found them pretty cheap. See the link below...are these things OK or pieces of junk..... Thank you all very very much for your help and responses..... this site rocks. I have had my 2002 Sebring silver s2k for two weeks and best car I have had. Sold a 88 RX7 convert that was tricked out with 17's, Yoko AVS, stainless steel exhaust etc.... car was a pig compared to the stook but looked sweat.... I almost bought a 10nth Anniversary Edition Turbo 2 Mazda RX7 with 25K miles for 9500 bucks but chickened out at the last minute.....it was sweat

here is the link to the Bomz

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/racinglab/bomg...mgtspecunm.html
Old 07-12-2002, 02:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there's a few owners in the new england section that car help you with the stereo.. very nice & smart guys.. i ordered my aem for about the same price (still waiting for it). from what i'm told you should notice a smoother transation into vtec. the sound of the cai is what sold me..

can't help you on the other ??s

look forward to seeing you at some of the meets

Bass
Old 07-12-2002, 03:56 PM

i have an aem cai its hlps somewhat, its loud though, and I would recomend that you get the bypass valve... so no water gets into your engine.i am working on lowering my car too right now i would recomend if your not gonna get rims go lower then 1 inch./.. go maybe 1.4 neuspeed, or maybe even lower.. exhaust... i dont know about that yet.. later down the line.. good luck to you. if you need any good shops to order from, my buddy runs this shop www.mbautosport.com. tell him your a fellow s2000 owner and he could possibly pricematch, or maybe even better
Old 07-12-2002, 04:08 PM

Originally posted by webestore
i have an aem cai its hlps somewhat, its loud though, and I would recomend that you get the bypass valve... so no water gets into your engine.
Just as note, even though the bypass valve may save you from water ingestion, you will lose potential power at wot (wide open throttle).
I actually don't recommend it unless you drive/park in floods.
Let's just say, I'll can sell you mine?