S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

BOGUS Comparisons in Nissan's 350Z Brochure!!

Old 09-30-2002, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BOGUS Comparisons in Nissan's 350Z Brochure!!

Has there already been a discussion on the brochure for the Nissan 350Z??

I've never been more shocked that a company like Nissan would print such bogus comparisons to make their car look so good!!

I picked a brochure up while buying a used Honda Accord with my girl friend.

It is rediculous. Ya know, they claim our car will only do 0-60 in 7.14 seconds!!! And the quarter mile in 15.55 @ 96.60 mph!

What a crock. I had my S2k there, and I clearly pointed out the brochures mistakes (they actually had a copy of Motor Trend there). Before I showed the salesman, I let him sit in my car and rev it to 9000. I thought it may put him on my good side for the used car purchase (which I think it did! )

This brochure says how the Nissan is better than the Z3 M, the Porsche Boxster S, and the Audi TT 225, and of course, they really go after the Honda more than all of them.

They completely tear these vehicles down like you wouldn't believe.

What a crock.

If you want any more quotes from it, just ask!
Old 09-30-2002, 07:51 PM

yea let's hear the rest of the sh*t they got to say
Old 09-30-2002, 08:08 PM

NissOFF can kiss off! That fixed top TT lookalike can't hold a candle to the S!
Old 09-30-2002, 08:13 PM

The S2000... "it's cramped interior and high revving engine make it unsuitable for everyday driving. In contrast, the 350Z provides the driving enjoyment that TRUE sports car enthusiats seek."

S2000..."is sluggish for everyday, around town driving" "It's very cramped inside with minimal seat adjustments"

GET THIS..."Honda's suspension appears less substantial for heavy-duty use".....heavy duty use??? Like my dump trucks (I'm a scaper)??

"S2000's rear suspension design compromises the performance of both the springs and shock absorbers."

"Removing the spare tire from the S2000 is difficult"

AHHHH, And this ONE is a classic!....

"Because of S2000's cramped quarters, some controls are difficult to reach for use. For example, the radio is hidden behind a retractable door on the dash and is hard to reach, so remote audio controls are mounted to the left of the steering wheel. Also, the location of the drivers door handle interferes with reaching the door mounted switches."

Hell, the radio wasn't given a door because of cramped space. And the remote radio controls can be found on numerous models of cars!!

What a bunch of CRAP!!! They actually put the Porsche Boxster S down in the same fashion.
Old 09-30-2002, 08:22 PM

Oh, by the way, I should point out that this "brochure" is for the dealers only! (I told my girlfreind to put it in her purse!) It actually says "Approved for Dealer Personnel ONLY"

And inside, it says "The following are advantages you can point out to customers during your demonstration drive."
Old 10-01-2002, 12:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe you can send a copy to Honda and have them take a look at it. I've always hated Nissan cars and this really put a nail in their coffin for me.
Old 10-01-2002, 03:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Calm down everyone - that's called lying ... umm, I mean marketing .
Old 10-01-2002, 11:21 AM

Originally posted by CoralDoc
Calm down everyone - that's called lying ... umm, I mean marketing .
LMAO.. well said!
Old 10-01-2002, 11:31 AM
Former Moderator

will someone beat me to death? I want to look just like this topic has for the past MONTH.
Old 10-01-2002, 11:38 AM

Sorry if it had been discussed already. I asked before I started posting much about it. But Unabageler, if your question is a serious one, Call me, I'll see what I can do!

Sorry guys if this topic has been around. These message boards get so damn big, it's hard to find stuff.

I mean, how many times do we need to hear if an S2000 won or lost a street encounter?? Before you check the thread, 50/50 chance the answer is either gonna be "yep won" or "nope, lost"! Now THAT is a topic getting beat! 2 answers...over and over and over!!

Again, sorry!

Quick Reply: BOGUS Comparisons in Nissan's 350Z Brochure!!