S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Black S2000?

Old 06-03-2004, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black S2000?

Hi, i never owned a black car before and was wondering what black S2000 owners experience down the road with their car. Specifically, i want to know if it is possible to eliminate swirls, because that seems to be the biggest problem i have seen with black cars. I don't mind keeping the car clean every week, i just want to make sure the car would look perfect a couple years from now.
Old 06-03-2004, 12:15 PM

Having owned a black car (99 integra) one thing you will notice besides the dirt and pollin; are scratches and scrapes. These will show up much easyier then on something such as silver or white. If you are merticoulus with cleaning your car(as it sounds like) it wouldn't be a huge deal, but it is a bit of a headake at times.
Old 06-03-2004, 12:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't forget the worst offender: rock chips!
Old 06-03-2004, 12:22 PM

I'd have to agree... i got 00' berlina and swirls, scratches, rock chips, and even dirt show up alot more on my car than any other color i've seen. But after owning a red car, blue car, maroon car, & white car.. i'd have to defintly say that the black DEFINTLY looks best when its clean
Old 06-03-2004, 12:28 PM

this is my second black car, and i wouldn't go back. it shows a shine better than any color, but shows imperfections and dirt just as well. with a lot of care, black has an unbeatable shine and look, and i don't mind all the work that goes into it.

you can avoid swirl marks and such. it just requires being very careful what you put in the surface of the car when cleaning. and swirl remover and filler will be your best friends.

Old 06-03-2004, 12:38 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

It's a little more work keeping her clean but it's the best looking car when it is. YOU CAN NOT RESIST THE DARK SIDE
Old 06-03-2004, 01:01 PM

do not get a black car unless you are willing to take care of it religiously, anal retensively
Old 06-03-2004, 01:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What can I say Berlina would be the very last choice I would go with.

If the upkeep was not hard enough, Berlina has no details, the details like shadows and grille all just blend into the body color. But then again, that's why I'm Spa Leader.
Old 06-03-2004, 05:42 PM

Black is beautiful!

Berlina Black is gorgeous!

It takes a bit more attention & a bit more work to keep it looking 'amazing' but its worth it if thats what you want...all S's look good, Berlina's look best & are the fastest - all other colors 'pale' in comparison.

Seriously - S & S Silver's look cleanest when dirty (and are pretty fast), GP White look pretty clean when dirty too, from what I've read - the NFR (Red) & Spa & Rio's (Yellow) are nearly (but not quite) as tough to maintain as Berlina's...ymmv
Suzuka? I don't know - but I stayed away from all that blue...not me.

All IMHO.... & what ever color YOU choose - if it's an S it can't be wrong.

Old 06-03-2004, 05:56 PM

when its clean... black looks the best! but to keep it clean is such a pain... you wash it... and out of the driveway its dusty and dirty

Quick Reply: Black S2000?