S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

bit the bullet in so cal

Old 04-05-2002, 02:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

VTEC RACER, PM me... I want to see if you can hook up an s2k for couple bucks below MSRP.
Old 04-05-2002, 03:01 PM

Guys, Knoxville TN, Westside Honda is charging MSRP, adding front spoiler $799, rear $799, side strakes $399 (I think) and paint protector for $399. What the heck are they using for paint protector anyway. I cut my deal over the phone in FLA and am flying down 4/6 to pick up and drive home. Any suggestions on what to cover the front bumper and grill with to avoid all the bugs and rock chips from a 950 mile trip. Any suggestions> Thanks
Old 04-05-2002, 03:22 PM

Received 5,749 Likes on 3,386 Posts

Originally posted by Black Moon
Guys, Knoxville TN, Westside Honda is charging MSRP, adding front spoiler $799, rear $799, side strakes $399 (I think) and paint protector for $399. What the heck are they using for paint protector anyway. I cut my deal over the phone in FLA and am flying down 4/6 to pick up and drive home. Any suggestions on what to cover the front bumper and grill with to avoid all the bugs and rock chips from a 950 mile trip. Any suggestions> Thanks
This is a wonderful car. Just enjoy it. There will always be bugs and rocks. You can have it flat bedded to your house or you can say, "Hell, it's a sportscar, it's supposed to be driven and enjoyed . . . it is not supposed to be a garage queen."

As for the original poster, man, what a great description of the events. If your day job doesn't work out, try writing for a living.

To all the greedy Honda dealers -- FU!
Old 04-05-2002, 04:23 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jbov
[B]I wondered how it would go to order under MSRP from another part of the country and have it shipped.
Old 04-05-2002, 06:38 PM

Sorry De hapa you are indeed the winner. Thanks (i forgot your name) for the writing props. I did indeed try to make my living that way and had a job as a ghostwriter out of college, but thank god I got a day job and can afford an S2000 today.

Its is also correct that I edited my own messages. I have seen and been on the receiving end of frivolous lawsuits, and regardless of the eventual outcome, they are always headaches, time and money bleeders. Everyone knows who the dealer is anyway. Just everyone else stay away, there is always an alternative. I am just too impatient.

Regardless, today I got off of work put the top down on the car and cruised the beaches of San Diego. You can all be sure that all traces of regret and disgrace are gone. I am lucky to have the car, end of story.
Old 04-05-2002, 09:39 PM

jbov, you are now an owner !!!
You may officially change your status to "owner" ! ! ! !
Old 04-05-2002, 11:52 PM

Woo hoo! Your words are smile-inducing jbov!

I just had a very nice drive home from work, myself.
Old 04-06-2002, 06:48 AM

Received 1,103 Likes on 699 Posts

Has anyone heard of freedom of the press? If you tell the truth and don't slander, you should not be afraid to name names.
There are many ways for a dealer to get money out of you. If not price, then trade-in, or financing, or hidden interest costs. Or service contracts. My advice is to arrange a lease or financing thorough your bank or a leasing agent (no, I'm not one) and then make your best deal with the dealership for cash out the door. You'll know exactly what you are paying.
Old 04-06-2002, 03:00 PM

Originally posted by Da Hapa

I'm willing to bet that this was Fladeboe Honda. They blow ass.
Yup, Fladeboe. I was there a month ago and saw that same car with the 10K markup. I just laughed at the salesperson and asked what they were "really" selling these at. He told me 3K over sticker, and I laughed again. He said the 10K markup was just to keep the kids out of the showroom. What an idiot!
Old 04-06-2002, 03:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's funny how the more technical/exotic/expensive an item is, the more shady and f**ked up the salesperson can be??? Do companies spend so much time on technology that they forget about human relations? I bought a 42" HD plasma and still feel jacked... is it me

Quick Reply: bit the bullet in so cal