S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Best or most interesting comments or compliments on your S2000!

Old 06-21-2002, 02:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best or most interesting comments or compliments on your S2000!

Just wondering what people have said about your S2000! Most of my compliments are "nice" or "cool" car. One guy said cute car ....I almost bitc# slapped him.

But the best compliment I have gotten Was at my girlfriends apartment complex.
This little girl ...maybe 10 years old runs up to me after i finished parking and asked
me if my car was "magic". I just smiled and looked at her Mother. I replied it magically made my bank account have a zero balance. The Mother laughed and then told me the Girl has been talking about my car to all her relatives about how there is a guy at the complex who has a "magic car" and she wants one when she gets older.

other comments:

Looks like a shark!
Badass car!

got alot of who makes that car. Now that i got Ricks badges all around I expect alot more of those questions.

My sister went camping with about 25 families. She Said the 10 to 13 year old crowd was haning out at the camp fire the subject of cars came up. About half the
kids said they wanted an s2000 if they could have any car. Most parents where like whats and s2000. My sister replied "My brother has one" .."all black" The response from the kids "wow" "ahhh" She said it was like they where watching fireworks. Then they told her she should of borrowed it and brought it with her.

I think its cool when kids really like your car. I remember the days before i was old enough to drive. All the dreaming. It is now reality!

Ok lets hear some of your stories!
Old 06-21-2002, 03:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's some from the UK!

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...&threadid=67420
Old 06-21-2002, 05:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kids do seem to light up! I know I feel happier when some kid comes up to the car and just wants to say how cool or hot it is. There is something infectious about a kid's smile! And of course I love it when the car and I both get the attention from the older girls.

I have an '02 Spa so subtle is not one of the words you would use to describe it. I love driving through a small town and all the younger people just stop and turn their heads and watch as it goes buy!

A friend of mine, his wife has a Boxster S, he was over to my house, he had borrowed her car, we are on the deck having a beer looking at the two cars parked next to each other and he says" ya know, looking at your Honda next to the Porsche is amazing, your car is so much more aggressive looking, boy did Porsche ever drop the ball, that Honda is beautiful." Yup, I will remember his sincerity for a long time to come!
Old 06-21-2002, 05:05 AM

Last weekend I was sitting in the car outside a store waiting for the Mrs and a little kind comes running up and screams "that car is too small!!". Then he kept repeating "the top is missing". His Mom came up and said he had autism and that he liked convertibles. Then he started pounding on the car so his Mom pulled him away. That was the most interesting exchange so far!!
Old 06-21-2002, 05:17 AM

one girl told me nice jaguar...heh
Old 06-21-2002, 09:20 AM

I get all kinds of, "What is it"'s, "is that a Honda", nice car", you know the usual. But the best had to be whle driving, a guy in a black Ferrari gave the 2 thumbs up Made me feel good

Chris
Old 06-21-2002, 09:30 AM

a young kid holding his dad's hand as they walked up to my car and said:

"dad, that's the car that i want when i grow up"
Old 06-21-2002, 09:33 AM

Last summer I met a friend for coffee at a local fast food outlet. While we were sitting inside with my car in full view, four high school age lads piled out of an old beat-up Civic and passed by the back of my car. They stopped at the back of my car for a look as they walked by. I watched for a moment to see what would happen. To my surprise, three of them fell to their knees and did a pretty good "We're not worthy" impression. I almost had coffee comming out of my nose. I don't think any spoken compliment could have been better than that. I told my freind; "Yea, that happens all the time".
Old 06-21-2002, 09:38 AM

I'm at a traffic light, and a guy in a monster SUV (Ford Expedition, if I remember correctly) pulls up next to me in the left-turn lane, having obviously read my vanity plate ("9K RPM").

"Hey... that thing really redline at 9000 RPM?"

Caught a bit off guard, I look over and say, "Uh... yeah it does."

Blank stare, and then, "No f###ing way! Whoo hooo!", light changes, off he goes.

Tim
Old 06-21-2002, 12:09 PM

I've gotten the usual Thats a Honda??!!!

I've also gotten:
told that it looks like James Bonds' car 007
There's an S2000!!!
I loooove your car
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!
and many more........

Quick Reply: Best or most interesting comments or compliments on your S2000!