S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Best dealer in So. Cal.?

Old 04-05-2001, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Greetings,

I've finally decided to purchase a S2000, but I don't want get screwed over on the purchase of the vehicle. I'd also like to purchase the car from a reputable dealership that has a high level of service and more importantly, is competant when working on the S2000.

Any recommendations?

r.
Old 04-05-2001, 11:58 AM

try metro honda, i got it there for MSRP.

whatever you do don't go to Santa Monica for the purchase (though their service is pretty good).
Old 04-05-2001, 12:50 PM

Penske was super good to me as well, Talk to Rod Morton and tell him Tim from San Francisco sent ya. I got mine with no dealer options I didn't want ( I asked for lojack and a car cover). Good luck!
Old 04-05-2001, 01:26 PM

Ditto on what Mingster said. I got mine at Metro in Montclair for MSRP but don't expect good salesmenship or service. If you're just going for price, then no worries. Good luck!
Old 04-05-2001, 01:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You may also try Norm Reeves. They will probably sell it at MSRP but with some forced options.
I also heard TO (Thousand Oaks) Honda sold S2K's at MSRP without forced options.
Old 04-05-2001, 01:49 PM

You also might try Family Honda in Rancho Santa Margarita (S.Orange County by Mission Viejo).

My fiance and I have purchased a 2001 CRV EX and a 2001 S2K from them in the last month. We got the CRV for 200 over invoice and the S for just under MSRP.

Good stuff -
1. New Dealership with a huge lot. Reportedly the largest Honda dealer in CA.
2. Eager to move cars.
3. Great service dept. The manager (Bob) and his two support guys (Israel and Victor) are fantastic.
4. They have a gym, basketball court, putting green, and batting cages that you can play in while they are prepping your car and your paperwork.

Bad news.
1. They are new. I am not convinced that the sales guys and management have their poop together as of yet. We had a number of issues with the purchase of the CRV (like having to resign paperwork, etc.). The dealership made it up to us via freebies, etc. but it was a minor pain in the ass.
2. Unless you live in S. Orange County it isn't the easiest to get to. It is right off the toll road and only a mile from my house, so perfect for me, but maybe not for others.
3. They just sold the spa yellow that they had on the lot for a month to a plastic surgeon in Coto de Caza. The good news is that they were getting a silver/black in this week.
4. They have been putting a $5K markup on the windshield sticker. However, I got my car a little below MSRP and I know that at least one other gentleman (an OC sheriff if you can believe that) got his for MSRP. You may just have to stick with your guns.

Good luck. I guarantee you will love the car.

Da Hapa
2001 silver/red w/ OEM chin and trunk spoilers.

ps - make sure you follow the break in period and follow the advice on this forum and s2ki.

pss- feel free to email me directly if you want any other info. i will be glad to help.
Old 04-05-2001, 02:00 PM

9000RPM- where do you live?? I live in La Verne and DJhohum (I think) lives in San Dimas.

I bought my Stook out of state so no clue about the dealers. However, I do know that after speaking with American Honda in Torrance (Honda's CA Headquarters) they did say that Norm Reeves is the #1 dealer in customer satisfaction for Socal. He also mentioned Thousand Oaks and a few other I forget. Good luck!
Old 04-05-2001, 02:04 PM

Da Hapa,

I've posted a couple of times about Family Honda. The first two S2K's they had in the showroom were selling for MSRP. A few weeks later, they had the $5k markup. Sounds like you still got a good deal.

I've seen the yellow in Coto a couple of times.

I'll watch for you on the road!
Old 04-05-2001, 02:09 PM

Silver:

I live in Cerritos (missed the Irvine Meet =(
but I work in Pomona. I just saw a new silver one last night driving northbound on the 57. If you see one with no plates and the original temporary license(from last march! hehehe) that would be me!!
Old 04-05-2001, 03:17 PM

Revs29k-

you weren't by chance anywere near jamboree and michelson yesterday? i saw a very nice silver and black near my office (citicorp building) yesterday.

also- any clue who in coto has the red/black 2000 s2k?

i really want to get involved in a local s2k club once tax season is wrapped up and would love to find some local folks who have the same passions for our cars.

da hapa

Quick Reply: Best dealer in So. Cal.?