S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

best car cover for me?

Old 11-22-2010, 08:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best car cover for me?

Being able to park in my very own garage is one of my favorite things about home ownership... Unfortunately, I'm giving that luxury up in a few months, in order to turn my garage into a dedicated workshop. From then on in, my S will be parked outside year round.

So...I'm hoping somebody can recommend the best car cover for my uses. I live in southern California, so...that should tell you about the climate.

I'm not looking forward to it...but, it's a sacrifice I have to make. Thanks.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:04 AM

I use the oem cover in the storage and use the rainX car cover they sell in Menards when I park in the parking lot.
The rainX work good for me so far, it repels rain and snow.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:34 AM

Do you daily the S? IMO a carcover would be a PITA to take off and put on on a daily basis. I just bought a Noah cover (NOAH is the material), its rated for outdoors, waterproof and breathe able. I highly recommend it. With that said, I just retired my S as a daily driver so I don't have to deal with putting that cover on all the time. Its thick and bulky so its also a pain to carry around.

If you're looking for an everyday dust cover then just get the OEM one...best fitting cover out there.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:52 AM

I have the Noah cover from this place:

http://www.roadstersolutions.com/page87.html

It's custom fit for the S, there's pockets for the antenna and mirrors so it's very easy to put on - it takes me less than a minute. It's a little bulky but it fits in the trunk when it's rolled up if you need to take it with you somewhere.

They have a more expensive cover made of Weathershield but for SoCal weather the Noah cover works fine. It keeps most of the rain out unless it rains very hard, then it soaks thru a bit. I use it to avoid sun damage - it protects from UV rays.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:02 AM

Thanks guys...the Noah cover is sounding promising.

@GT NFR - I do drive my S daily. I'll probably not cover it daily though. Most days it is pretty mild here. But on really sunny days, if it's going to be parked all day long...or on damp winter nights.

With all honesty, I'll probably cover it 1/3 of the time it is at home????
Old 11-22-2010, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Not Sure,Nov 22 2010, 09:52 AM

It's custom fit for the S, there's pockets for the antenna and mirrors so it's very easy to put on - it takes me less than a minute. It's a little bulky but it fits in the trunk when it's rolled up if you need to take it with you somewhere.

They have a more expensive cover made of Weathershield but for SoCal weather the Noah cover works fine. It keeps most of the rain out unless it rains very hard, then it soaks thru a bit. I use it to avoid sun damage - it protects from UV rays.
Any idea of how it will work with snow?

I live in the northeast, and unfortuantly I do not have a garage, and the s will be parked for a few months.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Slick 87,Nov 22 2010, 10:03 AM
Any idea of how it will work with snow?

I live in the northeast, and unfortuantly I do not have a garage, and the s will be parked for a few months.
The Noah cover won't do well if it's wet snow but the Weathershield cover would work.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm selling a cover in the classifieds... Not sure what brand it is, but it's waterproof.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:11 AM

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

I wouldn't cover for a daily. Just no way to keep it clean enough.

For a weekend car, I've been super pleased with my Weathershield HP custom-fit cover. Fits the car perfectly, very light and easy to put on, washes and drys in a normal-sized washer, excellent water repellent ability, superb dust, oil, and sap repellent ability, dries very quickly after becoming waterlogged. Only downside is low impact protection because it is thin.

Bring money. It's isn't cheap.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Not Sure,Nov 22 2010, 09:52 AM

That "roof cover" is kind of interesting. I wonder if I would be better off going with something like that.

Anybody have any experience with one of these?

Quick Reply: best car cover for me?