S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Berlina owners how much do you luv yours?

Old 05-10-2004, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Berlina owners how much do you luv yours?

I have a berlina and my friends tell me that i'm anal the way i care for the car.

I wax my bitch every 2-3 weeks and wipe it down with a microfiber cloth every time i ride.
am I being too much here??..

oh and my s2k never sees a drop of water i only use dry wash cleaners

Insang
Old 05-10-2004, 11:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wash mine weekly, wax at least monthly if not weekly. I use NXT these days, but Zaino works well too. I dust if off with the car duster, then apply detailer spray intermittantely to clean it off once or twice a week.

My S rarely sees rain unless I get caught (like this weekend). I don't dry wash clean mine, I hand wash it every time.

If my S doesn't look beautiful, I don't like to take it out as much! The other day I saw a silver S and my friend was behind me in his 350Z. When we got to where we were going he said 'You S shit all over that other one' cause it was 100X cleaner

[QUOTE]Originally posted by devilchrist
I have a berlina and my friends tell me that i'm anal the way i care for the car.

I wax my bitch every 2-3 weeks and wipe it down with a microfiber cloth every time i ride.
am I being too much here??..
Old 05-10-2004, 11:28 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

insang-
it helps to be a bit anal when you drive a black car...
and lots of us anal folks hang out at the wash & wax forum-
(my car is usually covered, even in the garage- i also dust it and use a detailers spray in between detailings)
drop by!
Old 05-10-2004, 11:39 AM

I haven't had a black car in almost 20 years until my Berlina...I am loving the S in Black...I've owned it for a little over a month now. I've Zaino'd once, I have washed it at least once a week (maybe more now that I think about it and becuase it rained here alot in April) since I have it - use california duster on it almost everytime I take it out to drive and use detail spray almost as often as the duster... it looks awesome...its definitely more of a challenge to keep it looking clean than say Silverstone or Sebring but it is faster isn't it?

Old 05-10-2004, 11:39 AM

I wish I had that much time to. It's my daily driver, so I can't NOT take it out if it's dirty.

Black IS a lot of upkeep though.
Old 05-10-2004, 11:49 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ThaWyze1
I wish I had that much time to.
Old 05-10-2004, 11:54 AM

one of many reasons i got white....black is just too much drama to keep looking nice. I do admit a clean black S2000 looks niiiiiiiiiice!
Old 05-10-2004, 11:59 AM

My car needs a nice coat of wax right now. It still looks good though. Could be a tad bit shiner. Not having a garage doesn't help either.
Old 05-10-2004, 12:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even though I have silverstone, I'm anal as hell as well...

Had it for 3 weeks today, and I've washed it 4 or 5 times, and put 5 coats of wax on it already... (Counting cleaner, polish, NXT, NXT, Gold class)
Old 05-10-2004, 12:29 PM

My last car was dark green and my 01 S is Silverstone.. what a difference. So much easier to maintain... even though I still wash it at least 1-2 times a week and wax every 2-4 weeks depending on the weather. Took my first road trip in it and the 'love bugs' are really bad here. After an hour of driving on the interstate the front bumper had at least 30 on it and the windshield was covered in bug juice... man it sucked. I'm scared to take it out on the interstate again because of them. Anyone know the best way to remove these?

Quick Reply: Berlina owners how much do you luv yours?