S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

badge installation expert!

Old 05-27-2001, 01:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i have now installed 5 of ricks badges, and am now applying for a new job (wanabe- a badge installer at your service!)
3 on my car (i changed one of the rick badges i installed for a different color) and 2 on larry's car...
larry and i now have matching badges- silver on black on the front and red on black on the back. mine on a black car and his on a silver car... both are really sharp!
the red in the badges really picks up the red in the rear lenses.
my badges took almost an hour each (the old ones were the "black chrome" upgraded H badges), and larry's stock badges took about 5 minutes each!!!!
i might be the first to remove a rick badge... i took the silver on black off of the back of my car and replaced it with the red on black. no floss needed! just pull slowly.
we did larry's "dry"... no solvents. the hardest part was removing his plastic hole inserts in the trunk (no big deal).
for those of you hesitating to change badges, it really is simple... any questions or problems, feel free to e-mail or post here-
Old 05-27-2001, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, hope this new career change is rewarding. LOL
Old 05-27-2001, 01:42 PM

You can change my badges anytime. Nice work man.
Old 05-27-2001, 01:44 PM

maybe i would rather be a badge consultant!!
Old 05-27-2001, 02:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Thanks wanabe,

You're hired!

James
Old 05-27-2001, 05:09 PM

Originally posted by ReedZ
Thanks wanabe,

You're hired!

James
o.k.- i admit, the only other person who has installed more badges than me is james!
and now i work for him...
i now handle left coast installations for james and rick!
Old 05-27-2001, 09:56 PM

And how many years did you waste in college to become a badge-installing guru, and do you make housecalls?
Old 05-28-2001, 05:30 AM

too many years in college (and seeing that you are in texas, i can admit to UT as one of them!)
by the way, as long as this is an advanced badge post, i should at least provide some removal tips.
to remove a rick-badge:
these badges are a bit more fragile than other badges. the hardest part is getting an "edge". use something really thin that is not sharp. even wax paper or the like... once you have an edge, lift it very slowly by pulling on it (away from the car and to the side inward of the badge). then the entire badge will lift off (sloooowwwly). you should keep the original plastic that the badges came on to keep the lifted badge on (to protect the sticky part).
that's badge tip #376 from badge consultant wanabe!!!
Old 05-30-2001, 12:45 PM
cde

Got an installation question for any one of the install experts:

I don't have the install directions in front of me now, but from what I remember, before you take off the old badge you place a piece of masking tape on the bottom edge and mark the middle on the tape, so that way you know where to put the new badge. Is there any reason you just can't or this is better than putting two pieces of tape (one bottom and one on a side or one left and right, since the sides are parallel) to mark exactly where the new badge goes. This way I don't have to worry about eyeballing the middle correctly and be worried about screwing it up.

May be it'll be obvious once I try the install for myself, but til then I default to the expert.

Thanks,
Chris

PS: and thanks to everyone else who posts all the detailed installation information with pictures. Very informative and allowed my speaker replacements (Sony 1621's), Rick's aeroscreen and clear side marker installs to go very well. The support on this board is awesome. (Everyone can take a second to pat themselves on the back for their own contributions.)
Old 05-30-2001, 01:25 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cde
[B]Got an installation question for any one of the install experts:

I don't have the install directions in front of me now, but from what I remember, before you take off the old badge you place a piece of masking tape on the bottom edge and mark the middle on the tape, so that way you know where to put the new badge.