S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

bad alignment or what?

Old 05-27-2001, 04:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when the car is shuddering under acceleration...does it need an alignment. I lowered the car with HR sport springs last night and now there is a slight shuddering when i accelerate and dont really know what it could be. I do know that camber is a little negative now. So im going to get an alignment anyways. Was just seeing if this happened to anyone else.

Thanks,
Old 05-27-2001, 04:15 PM

Does the car favor one side or the other when you're on a straight road? Does the steering wheel shake more than before? If so, it's possible that the alignments off. Anyways, anytime you lower a car you should get an alignment. I think from what I've read on this board, you can restore the camber almost back to stock without the use of a camber kit since you have sport springs.
Old 05-28-2001, 09:19 AM

Make sure your lowering did not screw up your drive line angles.
Andy
Old 05-28-2001, 10:19 AM
Sev

[QUOTE]Originally posted by G1S2k
[B]when the car is shuddering under acceleration...does it need an alignment.
Old 05-28-2001, 01:23 PM

You should let the spring settle in first. Probably two to three weeks before you bring it in to have it aligned. If you want to bring it in now. The alignment will probably need adjusting after the springs settle in. If whereever you go will align it again later for no charge than do the alignment now and three weeks later. Hope this helps.
Old 05-28-2001, 01:43 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It seems to me that a shutter would take a gross alignment problem that should not be the result of R&R on the coilovers. I would go looking to see if everything is properly installed and tightened down. You will still need an alignment, but that should not be the source of the shutter.
Old 05-28-2001, 03:20 PM

Ok...I'll wait and get an alignment. The drop with the HR's are minor. .75 in front and .60 in the rear. The shuddering is more biased to the drivers side. It also does not do it at all when im in a turn and accelerating. only straightline. I do have more negative camber now in the rear and the steering wheel does shudder too. Negative camber up front too..heh. Its a nice drop though. Most cant tell. So it may take some time. I know it took 500 miles on my prelude before it fell completely. Thanks for everyones help.

BTW its good to be back on the road again with the stook. All my Orlando People email me for a drive in the future.
Old 06-04-2001, 07:20 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by G1S2k
[B]Ok...I'll wait and get an alignment.
Old 06-04-2001, 07:29 PM

Where do you get the car aligned at? I use to have a 93 integra dropped and had a hard time trying to find a place to align the car. Just wondering if anybody will do it and how close to perfect will it align? According to the places I toook mine to, they said they could not get it back to factory specs.
Old 06-05-2001, 05:14 AM

Ohh!!! by the way when you do get an alignment done...make sure you let them know that the car is dropped. Sometimes different springs means different alignment specs. I would double check with the place and ask to see if they have aligned dropped vehicle before...and one last thing..since the car is dropped make sure that they knowwww....when trying to drive it up on any platform....be very careful(might scratch the front lip)

p.s. I had to use board to avoided scratches or scapping of the front lip...GOOD LUCK???

Quick Reply: bad alignment or what?