S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Automobile: Z4 is better than S2000!

Old 11-10-2002 | 06:01 PM

Saw the Z4 upclose at the Miami Auto Show.... I thought Z4what?? Just a cushy sports car wanna be. Hard cut edge design carved out of a bar of soap with no linear continuity. zzzzzzzz
Old 11-11-2002 | 12:25 AM

Ok, forget the design. As a car the z4 and the s2000 has its own purpose. For more money, well u get a bimmer, so what; it also happens in any other cases like if u compare the 3 series with the IS 300 or the G35. If you take the features out such as : the expensive leather, the premium sound, the marvel top, heated seats and the electronic gadgets and put a smaller capacity m3 engine with harder suspensions and take off the BMW badge, then you'll get the honda s2000.
The Z4 is design for a wider range of customer, not only for the people that wants ouright performance from their car (like us).
I'm a big fan of BMW and Honda and the fact that I earned enough money to buy the 3 series as my daily car is the only reason that I don't buy the acoord.
Old 11-11-2002 | 06:35 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by airgate
[B]

Old 11-11-2002 | 03:59 PM
Member (Premium)
20 Year Member

Hmmmm, let's see Honda s2000 is well established, and Honda's advertising budget is probably zero for the next year on the car. The BMW is brand new and they will want to pump up hte presence so will advertise a lot and spend I lot of bucks with us....... We declare the BMW to be the better car..

or maybe I'm just cynical....
Old 11-11-2002 | 05:33 PM

Funny Story:
I was at the dealership picking up my S and there was a Z4 (the dealer has a honda and BMW division). I looked at the Z4 and the salesman says "This is what you wish you S could be like". My first thought was to pound his head straight into my Rick's Hood Badge, but then I decided to be a smartarz instead ie. "yeah, that's what I want my S to be like...WHEN I'M OLD AND NO LONGER HAVE THE BALLZ TO DRIVE THE WAY I DO NOW"...nice cup holder, is that so you can soak your dentures while driving?". Just can't belive the audacity and arrogance that folks have towards this car, just becuase it has the Honda label.
Old 11-11-2002 | 05:40 PM

I was in Greenville, SC the home of the Z3/Z4 (built there), and saw one. Its ugly, plain and simple. To each his own. I'd rather have an S2000 and an '03 Accord for the price of one.

I havent been in one. Is it still really small inside?
Old 11-12-2002 | 06:30 AM

"Don't let the pictures fool you: The BMW Z4 looks better on film than it does in the flesh. The soft light under which this particular Z4 was snapped and the big eighteen-inch wheels play visual tricks. Up close and in person, particularly with smaller rims, the Z4 is just plain goofy-looking." -yup

"The only roadster that comes close to the Z4 in terms of handling, fluency, and feedback is the Porsche Boxster, which has one of the best chassis out there." -riiiight
Old 11-12-2002 | 07:40 AM

Z4 is ugly as hell.

The only beautiful BMW was the early 80's M1, styled and made in Lamborghini Factory, at Santa Agata in Italy.
Old 11-12-2002 | 07:59 AM

Originally posted by DWynne
Good news: It looks better in person than in the pictures.
Bad news: It is still pretty darn ugly.
Well put.

AutoWeek did a review of it last week or so. The thing that really stood out in my mind in the article was the statement that one of the BMW board directors said there was no plan for an M version. If the 3.0i is the best they are going to offer, then I'm in shock, how far they have fallen.

And as a side note, I still think all that bright aluminum in the interior is going to cause way too much glare when the top is down and the sun is shinning.
Old 11-12-2002 | 12:43 PM

To me the hood, and front fenders do not match the back half. The ugliest BMW I have ever seen. Hopefully they will redesign it sooner than they did the Z3.

Quick Reply: Automobile: Z4 is better than S2000!