S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

AUTOart diecast model

Old 01-11-2001, 12:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the opportunity to get a good look at a AUTOart ™ 1:18 scale diecast model that's an "official Honda licensed product".

Since it was going elsewhere, I didn't fully dissassemble it, but opened the package and took a few pictures.

Unfortunately, the model is black, but the pics came out OK. According to their website, Yellow, Red, Silver, and Black Honda S2000's are listed, I didn't check anything else.

I'm not familiar w/diecast models, so have no comparison with which to judge, but this one has opening hood, trunk, and doors. The steering wheel turns the front wheels and all wheels are free-wheeling. The black has the red interior, and the seatbelts are stretch material w/metal buckle.

The mirrors, both outside and interior rear-view have reflective qualities (presumably plastic). The sun visors are plastic that do NOT rotate. The other details seem VERY accurate.

For those of you interested, 3 relatively large pictures can be found at the following link: S2000model

The pictures include one square of the display box w/car inside, a shot of the nose, and a rear high angle of the interior (you can make out the aluminum shifter, hazard button and roof button.

There is no softtop and although you can remove the top compartment's cover (plastic), there is nothing finished underneath.

The tires to say "Bridgestone Potenza S02" and I think I remember they have the appropriate treadpattern.

I have no idea what this bugger costs, but it certainly seems a nice collectors item.

If anyone's familiar with AUTOart's products (produced by Gateway Global Limited) maybe they'd be kind enough to post their valuation.

Randy

PS: I've included AUTOart's website linked from the above page--I presume they have more pictures (professional) there but my JPEG browser couldn't handle their JPEGs.
Old 01-11-2001, 01:43 PM

Lots of earlier threads dealt with this subject - suggest you try a search.
Old 01-11-2001, 01:46 PM

Originally posted by Randy:
According to their website, Yellow, Red, Silver, and Black Honda S2000's are listed, I didn't check anything else.
Randy,

Unfortunately, this is not correct.

The AUTOart S2000 models are only available in yellow, black, white, and silver. They are NOT available in red. I know because I've been waiting for the last year for them to come out with one in red.

Here's the link:
http://www3.autoartmodels.com/perfor2.htm

AUTOart's models are very good quality and I would not hesitate recommending them to anyone. They cost around $50.
Old 01-11-2001, 02:41 PM

They also don't make a Silver/Black.

Strangely enough, no one makes a LHD Silver/Black.
Old 01-11-2001, 02:47 PM
vmb

I was given an AutoArt silver/blk as a gift. Much nicer detail than the Burago models that I have. But I must say that the "H" badge on the rear of the car is crooked a little. What can you do.............
Old 01-11-2001, 02:54 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Go to www.ebay.com. then search for S2000. There is tons of stuff with lots of pictures....including many auctions of this model.